• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HEADS UP - Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-12 USMC 8541 Engraved scopes - A few available

EWS6

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2019
Price went up. Wouldn't bet against them selling though

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Should include a bottle of KY to ease the pain of the good fucking any buyer would be getting

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Yup, this guy is posting all over facebook how he bought them for his collection. But yet how he has people sending him PM’s and him agreeing to sell them.

That and the pictures he has posted of the scopes show them sitting on the counter with of a gun store.

Reactions: Langford
Hope they got the premier reticle marking for that price….

No, there were pics from Euro up in another thread that showed just a standard S&B ocular that is marked with USMC and M8541. The funny part is you can go to Euro and get the same S&B as the M8541 minus the markings for $3,850, same construction, same turret, same reticle....that's a lot of money for five letters and four numbers.

Last edited:
No, there were pics from Euro up in another thread that showed just a standard S&B ocular that is marked with USMC and M8541. The funny part is you can go to Euro and get the same S&B as the M8541 minus the markings for $3,850, same construction, same turret, same reticle....that's a lot of money for five letters and four numbers.
Think I gave $2500 for the one that’s on my A3. It’s used but works great! I was gonna grab one of these for my A5 but…..

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Think I gave $2500 for the one that’s on my A3. It’s used but works great! I was gonna grab one of these for my A5 but…..
Buy a 5-25 in the PX for less than what Euro wants for them.

I wouldn't pay $15k for a real one straight out of USMC stocks, much less new construction with a couple markings I would Krylon over anyhow.

Guess what, it's still not the real thing if it was never on the USMC rolls, it has zero providence unlike return A1 stocks or CMP sold Unertls. I get it, the value is to the collector, but I wouldn't drop more than $4k on what is essentially just another assembly line optic with 20 year old technology and a few extra engravings.

The only 8541 I give a shit about is the one on my DD-214 and my schoolhouse certificate.

Daaaang! Only 15 racks for a commemorative scope with a few extra engravings but no true authenticity? Sounds like a screaming deal

Reactions: 101st
Everybody hates scalpers.

Worst part is, he doesn’t have anything at stake here. He will always be able to offload these with a profit.

Question is just, if the profit he turns is worth loosing a giant chunk of his customer base?
He will probably continue to be a basement dwelling asshat, no more, no less.

fuck scalpers…

reseller is not out to make friends -

buying up something special like these and gauging that hard should not be tolerated. i wouldn’t agree but could understand if he cut them around 6k a piece but 15k is straight offensive.

Reactions: Pinmaster
Daaaang! Only 15 racks for a commemorative scope with a few extra engravings but no true authenticity? Sounds like a screaming deal
these are scopes that are replacements for the irreparable initial contract scopes. scopes identical to these are in use by the usmc. the initial contract scopes have full markings and will always be more valuable but these are correct for a build that represents a later service weapon.

Honest question...

Will these things really sell at $15k a piece?
To a collector with alot of cash or a clone builder who has to have one for an M40a5 or M39 EMR etc 7-8k wouldn't be out of the question. The other 6 sold before he could get them same day and you don't exactly see the people who purchased them throwing pictures up everywhere yet. If he had not bought those 8 then they probably would have vaporized and no one would have seen or heard of one for a while. The true test would be one on GB or ebay with a penny start. Then you'll see how high people are willing to go.

To a collector with alot of cash or a clone builder who has to have one for an M40a5 or M39 EMR etc 7-8k wouldn't be out of the question. The other 6 sold before he could get them same day and you don't exactly see the people who purchased them throwing pictures up everywhere yet. If he had not bought those 8 then they probably would have vaporized and no one would have seen or heard of one for a while. The true test would be one on GB or ebay with a penny start. Then you'll see how high people are willing to go.
7-8k would be excessive even for an actual issued scope

These always brought a little higher price due to the nature of the beast but dang I remember selling them for well under 3k back in the day