• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy Duty Bi-Pod for M27 IAR?

ArcticFun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
So my unit just got the M27 IAR's (Modified HK M416) in last week and the only fault that has been found is what uncle sam decided was an adequate bi-pod, the Harris S. Now its a good bi-pod but for an automatic weapon that is being used by guys trained on M249s its just not durable enough. The sand will get into the locking mechanism on the legs and jam them up so that they can't be adjusted for height and with just using them a week we have 6 bi-pods with bent or completely broken legs. I'm looking for a heavy duty bi-pod that will attach to a picatinny rail. It needs to be able to withstand a 215lbs man slamming the weapon in the ground with a full combat load (front, back and side sapi's, 800 rounds (with mags for all of that), water and chow). I'm essentially looking for a SAW bi-pod that will attach to the rail systems instead of the gas tube.

If that can't be had than anything that is more durable and will last longer works for me. I definitely want to get them as soon as possible so the guys in my squad have them before we go to country.

Re: Heavy Duty Bi-Pod for M27 IAR?

Take a look at the Versa Pod All steel bipods and the battle pack ltd Versa pod kit. According to Versa Pod they are designed for lmg's. Hope this helps. And thanks for kickin ass for the USA!
grin.gif

Re: Heavy Duty Bi-Pod for M27 IAR?

Almost any of the bipods that we use here are going to get busted to hell if your guys are slamming them to the ground, then driving their weight behind them. While I understand the adrenaline rush, they need to hit the ground like they were taught in boot, not on top of the weapon.

Even if you can find a bipod to take the abuse, the rail isn't. If the bipod doesn't fail, my bet is you are going to be ripping chunks out of the rail.

Remember, grunts can break anything. At some point you just have to stop trying to find shit they can't break and address it as a training issue.