• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Heavy super 300 BO data?

HSNARC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2010
Central Illinois
Does anyone have any data on running .300 black with 200+ Grain bullets supersonic?

This is the only bottleneck cartridge I can get away with for deer in my dumbass state. Single loading in a pistol AR platform.

How fast can it push a 220 elf 230 Berger 245 sierra, or a 250 atip?

Does anyone have any data on running .300 black with 200+ Grain bullets supersonic?

This is the only bottleneck cartridge I can get away with for deer in my dumbass state. Single loading in a pistol AR platform.

How fast can it push a 220 elf 230 Berger 245 sierra, or a 250 atip?
No. You're so limited by case capacity that any of those rounds almost start off too slow to expand anyway. Your best bet is the Barnes 110s if you want supers or try the subx 190s or Lehigh Defense 194s as subs.

The only right choice in 300 Blackout for lethality are supersonics, and the only supersonics worthwhile in 300 Blackout are 110gr-120gr TAC-TX, Varmageddon, VMAX, and that's really it. The rest are not made to expand at the low speeds of 300 Blackout past a very short distance.

If that's not good enough, get a different caliber entirely.

I started my load development with 110gr VMAXs and Varmageddons, with some 110gr Tac-TXs for special occasions.

Now I'm working with the 125gr SMKs, TMKs and Speer TNTs looking for better accuracy. Are you saying these are not good defense choices?

I started my load development with 110gr VMAXs and Varmageddons, with some 110gr Tac-TXs for special occasions.

Now I'm working with the 125gr SMKs, TMKs and Speer TNTs looking for better accuracy. Are you saying these are not good defense choices?
From Sierra’s website:
“While they are recognized around the world for record-setting accuracy, MatchKing® and Tipped MatchKing® bullets are not recommended for most hunting applications. Although MatchKing® and Tipped MatchKing® bullets are commonly used for varmint hunting, their design will not provide the same reliable explosive expansion at equivalent velocities in varmints compared to their lightly jacketed Hornet, Blitz or Varminter counterparts.”

The Sierras are not “defense” bullets, nor could they be plausibly confused for them. They’re called MATCH Kings, which means they’re target bullets.

The TNTs are much more appropriate for that use.

Try some outlaw state bullets. Have not lost a single deer with subs so I would think supers would work even better.

The Barnes 110 are awesome and are going to give you the most velocity.