• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Hellcat Holster Recommendations +/- Optics and Light?

bonesaw00001

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2019
Hey Folks,

After trying out the hellcat, p365, and p365 XL, I ended up with the Hellcat as a new concealed carry firearm. I wanted to crowdsource a few opinions on the following:

1. What's your favorite IWB/AIWB and OWB holster for a Hellcat that include an Optic Cut? (thinking about getting a Sig Romeo 0)

2. What're your thoughts on pairing the Hellcat with a weapon-mounted light (thinking the Olight PL Mini 2), and if positive, do you have any holster recommendations that would accommodate it and an optic? Given it actually has a real picatinny rail, I thought I might take advantage of it (already have the light).

3. Does one actually need to get an optic-cut holster, or is it good enough to modify the kydex yourself with a pen knife?

Appreciate your collective wisdom and input!

Reactions: strikeeagle1
Might be hard to find lots of people with it currently. I made my own holster for it with a Pl mini 2 so I cant speak to options but there seem to be a few that are coming on line.

I have mine set up with a pl mini2 and its the way i prefer it. I will warn you that it eats a bit of real estate and it might bear on your thumb a bit under recoil but its not terrible. I also have a holosun 507k on it and like that addition quite a bit.

You can modify kydex but I generally do it with a heat gun and scissors but I've worked kydex for a bit. Its very easy to completely screw your holster up so proceed with caution or even better just get one with the cut.

Might be hard to find lots of people with it currently. I made my own holster for it with a Pl mini 2 so I cant speak to options but there seem to be a few that are coming on line.

I have mine set up with a pl mini2 and its the way i prefer it. I will warn you that it eats a bit of real estate and it might bear on your thumb a bit under recoil but its not terrible. I also have a holosun 507k on it and like that addition quite a bit.

You can modify kydex but I generally do it with a heat gun and scissors but I've worked kydex for a bit. Its very easy to completely screw your holster up so proceed with caution or even better just get one with the cut.

Update: ended up picking a custom holster from McKinaTec. Works well withe PL mini 2 and a sig romeo 0. I'm having trouble with the RDS (first one on a pistol) and may end up going back to irons eventually. Time will tell.