• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello all!

Secundus

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2020
I am from NOLA and new to LR shooting with the the goal of getting into ELR. I figured I’d just post and say hi!

Don't mind @1J04 . He has a whole squirrel thing going on, as well as some PTSD from an incident with a Jingley-car full of Manilla midget hookers back in the 1970's.

The rest of us find New Orleans welcoming, though generally repellant with a great ratio of bars to cemeteries. And that NOLA shooters tend to be able to handle the Bear Pit, though are more comfortable with large reptiles and Huey Long.

Hey, welcome! And don't let 1J get you down.

Oh and watch out for Mtn Creek. He is on lots of lists.

Me, I just expect to be bowed and scraped before. Oh and don't be poor around @TheGerman . And the HMFIC here is actually 7'6" and the meanest motherfu^&*er on Parris Island. So if you hear any short jokes, they are made up.

Gumbo on, brother!

Sirhr

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: 1J04
Welcome to the Hide. Wear a thick skin.

Don't mind @1J04 . He has a whole squirrel thing going on, as well as some PTSD from an incident with a Jingley-car full of Manilla midget hookers back in the 1970's.

The rest of us find New Orleans welcoming, though generally repellant with a great ratio of bars to cemeteries. And that NOLA shooters tend to be able to handle the Bear Pit, though are more comfortable with large reptiles and Huey Long.

Me, I just expect to be bowed and scraped before. Oh and don't be poor around @TheGerman . And the HMFIC here is actually 7'6" and the meanest motherfu^&*er on Parris Island. So if you hear any short jokes, they are made up.

Gumbo on, brother!

Sirhr
WHY in the heck did you have to bring up the car full of midget squirrel hookers? You know darn well that's going to spin up 1J and it will take a week for us to shut down this thread. WHY, WHY, Why.

WHY in the heck did you have to bring up the car full of midget squirrel hookers? You know darn well that's going to spin up 1J and it will take a week for us to shut down this thread. WHY, WHY, Why.
I think that the therapy got him over the midget squirrel hookers and the whole thing with the silly string, the youth center and the crispy eel roll. But I fear that the mention of the Jingly Jeepney is going to bring back his PTSD... and the last time that happened, he spray painted his own F150 with Krylon Fusion rainbow enamel...

Well, what the heck, in for a penny, in for a pound! This might be the one that set him off... the whole school bus and chickens thing...

1593729588862.png

Courtesy the Washington State Police Dash Cams...

I can't believe the cameras didn't capture the stoats!

Sirhr

Attachments

• 1593729589956.png
    1593729589956.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 18
Hello Secondus, I’m upriver from you about 70 miles or so. Check out
Palo Alto Rifle and Pistol club if your looking for a place to shoot.

Reactions: Secundus
Welcome to the Hide from Middle Georgia. Great to have ya here. Take the time to look around in all the different forums to see some of the unbelievable amount of knowledge available to ya here. And when the shit gets too deep, grab your smokepole, some ammo and head to the range to practice one of your cousinr's maxims, "Choot 'em!"

Reactions: Secundus
thanks for the laughs. I grew up in Baton Rouge, lived around the state and settled into New Orleans thanks to the wonderful care of the V.A. ( I need to be close to the hospital b/c my Chron’s has taken a turn for the worst) I’ve already started to learn so much just from lurking for a while.in spite of everything going on I remain optimistic and look forward to putting my knowledge down range hopefully soon. I also look forward to all of the wonderful wisdom that everyone here has to offer. Thanks for the warm welcome :cool:

thanks for the laughs. I grew up in Baton Rouge, lived around the state and settled into New Orleans thanks to the wonderful care of the V.A. ( I need to be close to the hospital b/c my Chron’s has taken a turn for the worst) I’ve already started to learn so much just from lurking for a while.in spite of everything going on I remain optimistic and look forward to putting my knowledge down range hopefully soon. I also look forward to all of the wonderful wisdom that everyone here has to offer. Thanks for the warm welcome :cool:
when you hit 100 posts, be sure to PM Frank and ask for access to the midget tossing sub-form....the sites a little wonky and doesnt always update properly....there are a lot of good articles posted there on Counter-sniper scope selection, compensating for reverse spin drift when shooting across the equator, and proper applications for MIL reticle/ MOA turret scopes.

Warning?!! This guy is known to be deceptive. So ignore all of his advice.

Gumbo on, brother!

Sirhr

Well I will say that you should have thick skin and a good sense of humor.

when you hit 100 posts, be sure to PM Frank and ask for access to the midget tossing sub-form....the sites a little wonky and doesnt always update properly....there are a lot of good articles posted there on Counter-sniper scope selection, compensating for reverse spin drift when shooting across the equator, and proper applications for MIL reticle/ MOA turret scopes.
I wouldn’t mess with Frank today! I heard he lost his court case today! He was trying to sue the city for building the sidewalk to close to his ass!

I went to New Orleans once. @NOMAD, do you think I had a good time there?

OP, does everyone piss in the streets there, or is it just the vast majority of the population? Because it smells like fucking piss there.
If it smells like piss your in the French quarter if it smells like sulfur your in the swamp. The other than that it’s a pretty cool city. Festivals, music and gratuitous amounts of alcohol