• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from FL, Helpful Threads, and Pro Tips

dynadog44

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2023
Florida
Hi all,
Based in SW Florida and just getting into long range marksmanship. Been shooting pistol and carbine for 15 years now, so familiar with firearms and the community. I enjoy bolting together carbines and just built my first precision rifle. At this stage I'm struggling a bit getting tight groups at 100yds, but I'm sure it will come together with practice and education.

Please reply with links to any threads for new precision shooters that you feel are helpful.

Additionally, all pro tips are welcome. I'm here to learn from you and participate in a positive way.

LMK of any great ranges in SW FL.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: DustBun
I liked JTAC Ranch but didn't take the time to go there enough and now they are closed. I have been so busy with work for the last year that all I do now is go to Shooters World in Tampa maybe once a month. Sorry I can't help.

Reactions: lash
Welcome to Snipers Hide from central Florida. Depending upon where in SW Fla you are, you can look into Immokalee Gun range. Currently the only real long range option left south of I-10, except Volusia and that’s mostly for matches right now.

Fantastic info. Really appreciate the locations. I will check them out. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yeah, but just so you know, Volusia is between Orlando and Daytona. So not SW at all. Though we do get to see some of you guys from time to time.