• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Michigan

Cjb1977

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2020
Michigan
I’ve always went to snipers hide and read through threads for help or info. So decided to make an account. This is going to be long winded if you can bear with me. So bought a savage 110 ba in 338 lapua mag. Put a nightforce nxs 8x32x56 on it. Could not keep any consistency so researching the savage I found that I had a bolt face problem. So I replaced the savage with a Ruger rpr 338 lapua. Stacking rounds at 150 no problem took a 5 min break and now have a 20in group. Any help

Welcome from a yooper

Your in the member introduction section. Great place to introduce yourself

The question you tied in about the RPR should get asked in the bolt action rifles thread or similar if you want to get any help

Reactions: Cjb1977
welcome from delaware practice , practice , practice . Not that i know what happened to your gun if anything did , but have you checked your scope and mount to make sure it did not come loose or anything else for that matter ? Good luck figuring it out and may it be an easy fix .

Welcome from Texas, just moved here from MI a year ago. Might be a bunch of things but 20" group is weird. First get a quality bipod (Harris ar a minimum, not cheal knock off). Are you using a rear bag? Are you rushing shots? Have you tried either putting it in a fuxture to see how it shoots, or having someone else shoot it to see if it is the rifle?