• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Portland

LilGucci

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
I'm new to the bolt-action precision rifle shooting world, and because of the direction that current political headwinds are blowing, semi-auto precision rifles. Long-range shooting has always been my passion. Maybe someday I might compete in PRS/NRL and 3-gun competitions.

I've just gotten into shooting in the past 11 months, and my first guns are the Glock 19, Sig MCX Virtus Patrol in both 556 and 300Blkout, and a Remmington-700 rifle chambered in 308. But I found this site through Youtube, researching various semi-auto's, bolt-action rifles, and rifle chassis.

I know the clock is ticking on semi-automatic rifles, so I will be spending a larger amount of my time on these forums researching 308/6.5Cr guns that can be used in NROL/SHTF/But-Out/Zombie Apocolypse type situations. I'm really interested in systems that have undergone rigorous testing to meet military specs for contracts such as the Sig716, Barrett Rec10, LMT L129-A1, KAC SR-25, Scar 17/20s, LWRCi Repr MKII, H&K MR762, etc. But I'm also interested in doing a PRS build, maybe with a JP rifle, and a showcase build using NEMO / Wilson Combat receiver sets and furniture.

I also have a great interest in collecting rifle chassis (Cadex, MDT, MPR, Christensen, KRG, GRS, Manners, etc.) and doing custom builds with different actions, triggers, barrels, and optics. Oh, and I hope to own a Desert Tech SRS A-2 Covert by the end of next year. It's great to be here.

Re. What gun to buy and politics.

Just use yer credit card and buy some 80%s and build yer own.

Thank you DustBun, Liberator52, Shellbeak, and woodlandshooter! I'm happy to be here.

Shellbeak, it was just a goofy name my buddy gave me. I was trying to impersonate a talent-less rapper trying to rap. It kind of stuck.

Woodlandshooter, I don't know too much about working with 80% lower receivers, but I hope to do so over the coming months. I'm still going to stockpile on lower receivers but that also sounds like an interesting way to go. Wasn't there some kind of proposed regulations coming to outlaw 80% lower receivers and the creating of undocumented/un-serialized firearms at home? I think I saw that on youtube a couple of months back.