• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hello from the other Washington

Viper*6

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2014
Hi everyone. I’m from the other Washington and interested in going to the dark side of long range shooting sports. I’ve been a lurker for a few months and just signed up. Grew up in the Midwest. Went to high school with Steve Hornady and worked at the manufacturing plant during college breaks. Use to hang out in their shooting and test tunnel area. I’ve been reloading since the 70’s. I'm a retired Army veteran and enjoy shooting, hunting and offshore fishing. I've hunted all over the US during my military tour of duties. Over the last several years have been interested in off shore fishing but now getting back to what I really enjoy, shooting. The Sniper’s Hide seems to talk about a lot of things I enjoy so thought I would join. Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Welcome to the Hide brother.
Just be prepared to go back to eating Ramen noodles and those squirreled away MREs in your bugout bag. This place has a way of costing me more money than my ex-wife ever could.
Assuming you're referring to the state and not the District, there's a very active group of shooters here from out that way you should be able to link up with.

Hi BogeyBrown, Thanks for the introduction. Yes, from the west coast Washington. I've made contact and joined the Upper Nisqually Sportsman’s Club with ranges out to 600 yds. I observed one of their practical/tactical matches. Very interesting and inspiring. I come to realize very quickly that this sport will cost dearly....

Welcome Viper 6! I've been meaning to make it down to watch some of the monthly matches down at the upper Nisqually club, is there typically room for a guy to pop in and check out the match days?

John

Hi John,
What do you mean by "pop in"? Enter the match or observe?

Gary