• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

Looks like a legit ARC rail, too!

Daughter made a "pretty" helmet with crafting supplies.....so I had to rock it lol. Yup the horn lights up.... snowflake at his finest

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpg
    IMG_6155.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 221
  • imagejpeg_0(12).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(12).jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 190
Don’t matter whatchu wear sitting behind a Big Fiddy.

You need to get me some trigger time behind that bad boy.

Reactions: LibertyArms
Not sure if I missed it. Was it ever determined if there are any ARC rails or similar attachment points from other company’s helmets in TheHorta’s bunker that are drop-in compatible with the ARCH?
I’ll let you know soon. Some arrived while I was in Kenya for the last few weeks.
Ever find attachment points that fit without mods?
I’ve never been very good at waiting patiently...

I got a shipping email from BulletproofZone this morning and got excited. Only the ToughHanger I ordered for my locker. 😂

Reactions: TheHorta
My entire family calls me "Uncle Breakit
Uncle Breakit.... I have a mission for you, should you choose to accept it..... I have purchased a new Wilcox shroud to replace the questionable one that comes with the PGD lid. I found the screws do not fit through the holes in the Wilcox shroud.
I see only 3 choices 1. Do 'surgery ' on the Wilcox with a rat tail file to open the hole and hope it ends up aligned. 2. Give up and hope the supplied shroud holds up. 3. Try to find a shroud with holes the same size as the PGD screws. Not sure how to do this.
Knowing you probably have at least one of every shroud known to man at your fingertips, would you be inclined to research this.... inquiring minds and all....?

Uncle Breakit.... I have a mission for you, should you choose to accept it..... I have purchased a new Wilcox shroud to replace the questionable one that comes with the PGD lid. I found the screws do not fit through the holes in the Wilcox shroud.
I see only 3 choices 1. Do 'surgery ' on the Wilcox with a rat tail file to open the hole and hope it ends up aligned. 2. Give up and hope the supplied shroud holds up. 3. Try to find a shroud with holes the same size as the PGD screws. Not sure how to do this.
Knowing you probably have at least one of every shroud known to man at your fingertips, would you be inclined to research this.... inquiring minds and all....?
Anything for you, WB.

Reactions: WALLYBOB
@horta I have a baby sized dome. Know any helmets made for children type heads? I am at the bottom of the PGD large range. Just preparing for the headache of a loose fit. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, neither the TW nor the OC cover fit properly.
I think you posted this link earlier, are they saying the "OPS-CORE FAST ST/XP HIGH CUT HELMET COVER-GEN4" but it's only sort of a fit at 80% rating?

4v1y3g.jpg

So I can't find these on Bulletproofzone.com and I couldn't find them on Agilite's site either.

Do they have to be ordered direct?

Looks like $68 (56 €)

multicam or od green and they don't appear to have the same features as the Ops-Core covers.

Helmet cover from Isreali Agilitigear. Specially made to fit our ARCH ballistic helmet, with a close and snug fit to the helmet.

• Mil-spec air mesh
  • Designed to fit our ARCH helmet
  • Available in size L & XL
  • Original Multicam

Sorry for the off topic question, can anyone tell me who makes this barricade/light mount?
edit: https://www.proofmarkllc.com/shop/muzzle-stand-off-device-msd-g19

en-slider-4253-Untitled-design--38---1-_1080x1080.png

Last edited:
Given questions about rails and covers I thought it may help if I posted some of my own experiences with this helmet.

I had some DLP Tactical Rails (eBay/Amazon) from an old PT A-Bravo /bump helmet. They do not fit the PGD without some modification. The holes on my PGD (XL) are further apart than MICH helmets by a little bit. The ribs push the rail further from the helmet, which makes that slight offset even worse given the angle of the screws.

01 Rail Before.jpg

Slight filing brought the rail closer to the helmet and it can then made to fit with a little elongation of the mounting holes. More filing would probably make the fit even better/.

02 Rail After.jpg

It doesn't follow the profile of the ear cut out perfectly...

03 Rail Gap.jpg

But it works well enough for me.

04 Rail Installed.jpg

The Galvion Viper high cut helmet covers work ok. I have the premium, and assume the basic would fit the same. There is one hole in the cover for a single hole shroud. The harness/rail holes need to be cut yourself, which is fine given the slight difference in spacing meaning factory holes would have to be made larger anyway.

05 Helmet Cover Inner.jpg

Seems to conform to the shape very well.

06 Helmet Side.jpg

I don't plan on running a cover on the PGD as I have a Galvion high cut on backorder (which is why I had this on hand). So I'm not going to make holes and cannot show how it looks with the shroud/rails, my apologies.

07 Helmet Angle.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work on this. You and the Horta rock. 😎

Since I'm losing interest in the Bills ....game..... I decided to have another go at replacing the PGD shroud with the Wilcox. The original screws are a bit larger than the holes in the PGD but noticed I could actually begin screwing them through the Wilcox shroud. So out comes the rat tail file and with only a little filing, they would squeak through.

One thing I found is the curvature of the Wilcox is not the same as the original. This caused some trouble in getting the side screws to bite. Get them both started before tightening. Top screw was not a problem. I haven't cranked them down real snug yet.... hoping it may begin to form to the helmet. Anyway, the Wilcox makes for a much tighter mount/shroud connection.
20210124_204005.jpg

@horta I have a baby sized dome. Know any helmets made for children type heads? I am at the bottom of the PGD large range. Just preparing for the headache of a loose fit. Thanks in advance!
Some good padding will make it "all good".

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Since I'm losing interest in the Bills ....game..... I decided to have another go at replacing the PGD shroud with the Wilcox. The original screws are a bit larger than the holes in the PGD but noticed I could actually begin screwing them through the Wilcox shroud. So out comes the rat tail file and with only a little filing, they would squeak through.

One thing I found is the curvature of the Wilcox is not the same as the original. This caused some trouble in getting the side screws to bite. Get them both started before tightening. Top screw was not a problem. I haven't cranked them down real snug yet.... hoping it may begin to form to the helmet. Anyway, the Wilcox makes for a much tighter mount/shroud connection.

Thanks for this - Wilcox is the next step once I find one in stock.

I think I got TNVC's last one.... seriously, I think I did. 😌

Since some of you guys replaced the shroud and the side rails anyway, I am tempted to order the plain Jane version of the helmet and put the $100 saved towards a Titanium shroud.
How much more stable is the helmet as a NODs platform with the earcups attached to the helmet vs keeping the Sordins a separate piece of kit with neck band and over-head strap? If there is not much of a downside, I'd rather keep the headphones usable separately.

Last edited:
FYSA, sent an email asking if there was an update on the leadtime for an order placed on Nov 27. They said OCP helmets have been delayed and pushed right. They may ship out mid-Feb.

Still arriving alot sooner than my Caiman Ballistic, that one had a seven month leadtime 🙃

In for one finally.

I was only able to use a 10% off Coupon. So right at $400 shipped.

FYSA, sent an email asking if there was an update on the leadtime for an order placed on Nov 27. They said OCP helmets have been delayed and pushed right. They may ship out mid-Feb.

Still arriving alot sooner than my Caiman Ballistic, that one had a seven month leadtime 🙃
My OD helmet from last month just got a label from Protection Group Denmark.

came here to ask if there was any updates. im 9 weeks since my order and havent heard anything at all from PDG or bulletproofzone.

I ordered when the snipershide code came out in early January. There has been no word but I did email BPZ about a shipping question I had and they were very quick to email me back.

Just my luck. I randomly decided to go with OCP over other color options.

Placed my order on 11/27 and haven't heard anything on it yet.

For those that got their Denmark helmets, how many Picatinny rails did you get in your accessory pouch?

Just my luck. I randomly decided to go with OCP over other color options.

Placed my order on 11/27 and haven't heard anything on it yet.

That sucks Steve, we ordered 11-26 the day before you and got ours Jan 13

Is it a licensing thing for the color?

They told us color didn't matter.

I didn't even see OCP just multicam.

For those that got their Denmark helmets, how many Picatinny rails did you get in your accessory pouch?
1 pic rail

Has anyone ordered the OPS-CORE FAST ST/XP HIGH CUT HELMET COVER-GEN4 yet? Are we sure it is the best fit?
Regards,
David

Received a shipping notice today!
Ordered 12-8.
Only 999 more months until TNVC has my PVS-14 ready to ship to me, guess I’ll use the helmet as a planter or dog water dish in the interim;)

That sucks Steve, we ordered 11-26 the day before you and got ours Jan 13

Is it a licensing thing for the color?

They told us color didn't matter.

I didn't even see OCP just multicam.

1 pic rail
OCP is what the Army calls Multi-cam to avoid paying a royalty.

I did get a reply from them that said the multicam versions should start to ship out next week.

Reactions: Keel Haul
OCP is what the Army calls Multi-cam to avoid paying a royalty.

I did get a reply from them that said the multicam versions should start to ship out next week.
Glad to hear you're finally going to get your helmet.

Once they begin communication they're really great, do you have tracking yet?

IIUC the Army funded the development with the first version and then Crye went to a second generation called "multicam", so the Army went to their development lab and advanced V1 to become what is now "OCP"?

Does that make it easier for the Danish manufacturer to obtain Multicam or OCP?

Seems like Crye would have far more business sense than .gov when it comes to marketing, I'm amazed someone was wise enough to say, "why the hell are we paying for something we developed if we can just upgrade the V1 ourselves?" :D

Thanks for the lesson in camo, I had no idea.

wiki:
Initially, the Army's first pattern choice was the MultiCam pattern developed by Crye Precision, but allegedly due to "printing fees", procurement discussions broke down.[3][4][6] Crye Precision developed the original Scorpion pattern under a government contract in 2002. The pattern was modified by the United States Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center in 2009 and named the Scorpion W2 pattern.[4][7] The Army owns the licensing rights for Scorpion W2, which lowers the overall cost, and allows the Army the option to restrict the pattern to service members only.[3][6]

So when will we see a Danish version?

The FAST R2 helmet is the newest member of the Ops-Core FAST helmet family and the most innovative and advanced head protection on the market. In addition to protection against fragments and handgun rounds, it is capable to stop 7.62 x 39 AK rounds.​

opscore-fast-r2-02.png