• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HELP! CeraKote color choose

Chairforce1

Private
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2010
Not sure if this is in the right section, but I need help. My build is almost complete. I'll be using it for range work and occasional hunting. I have a Manners T4 being built in MCS Woodland Camo. This is the stock color for those unfamiliar.
MCS%252520Woodland%252520Camo.jpg

Now, here in lies my problem. I can't decide on a color for my barrel, action, rings, and scope. I feel that both colors would compliment the colors of the stock well. I can't decide between:

Coyote Tan
coytan700.jpg.w560h420.jpg

-or-

Mil-Spec OD Green
jkivx3.jpg

Last edited:
how about federal brown:
2idso.jpg

2ni0dix.jpg

jkd7oj.jpg

I was told by my smith that the OD didn't quite natch the Manners, although of the two you mentioned I would still go O.D.G.

Last edited:
So woodland camo would in fact make my butt look big? Haha

Edit: and Strike, I saw that rifle on a google search. It looks really good, just a little more red than I'd like. Seems more like a brick red.

Last edited:
That may have just cemented my decision. Your rifle looks great. My only concern, is that the gunsmith said that he can't Cerakote my optic, and held have to duracoat it. So I'm hoping that the color will match

That may have just cemented my decision. Your rifle looks great. My only concern, is that the gunsmith said that he can't Cerakote my optic, and held have to duracoat it. So I'm hoping that the color will match

Always make sure your shoes, belt and hand bag complement, and not clash with your color selections.......

It's a rifle not a Picasso. Painting the metal and scope is to protect them and blend them with your environment, not to make a fashion statements....

So the paint on the scope and rings is to protect the protective anodized finish on the scope and rings? Myself I like the scope black so if I drop the cammo'd rifle I can still see it to retrieve it.

IMHO it is better that the colors don't match. It helps break things up. Slight changes in color can break up long straight lines, like a barrel. And if by chance you are thinking too much about aesthetics, don't match, coordinate.

Edit: I think black is almost the worst color possible. Too much silhouette that has clear edges on almost any background. Every time I see a SWAT team in black gear and black helmets I think, "man, your melon looks like a very nice target center, and the rest of you presents a sharper target than an FBI silhouette". It leaves me feeling like donating a few cases of krylon.

Last edited:
I would do coyote or FDE. It makes a great base color. It acts as a natural camo because it blends well in all environments and it's great to paint over if you want to change your camo for different environments

Vote for Patriot Brown sharp color and hey, it s the patriotic thing to do.

I'm a fan of patriot brown, I'm having it applied to my rifle as we speak. The exactly stock that you posted was the one I had originally ordered but manners' wait time was too much for me. Bought a chassis instead and I'm getting it coated in multicam.

I just got my custom GAP a couple months ago and is in Patriot Brown...awesome color! Check out GAP website, customer rifles tactical you will see it with it's can on in the grass. Patriot Brown action and barrel, AI AX stock in ATACS-FG camo. Awesome combo.

Does anyone have a picture of a rifle in Patriot Brown? I couldn't find your picture on GAP's website, and all I can find pictures of is AR's with FDE and Patriot Brown on google images.

I just had to make a similar decision. I went with Desert Sage. I haven't got it back yet. The tough thing is when you look at different rifles painted with that color, that don't really look the same. The guy painting mine is certified by Cerakote so I'm hoping it turns out the same color as the Oakley Fuel Cell in Desert Sage Cerakote.