• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Help Finding a Good Neck-Knife

kellogg2185

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2009
St. Louis, MO
So I'm looking to buy a harness knife (I climb cell towers), something that if I get in a bind will be easily deployable, but also has solid retention in the sheath. Dropped too many knives off towers due to weak pocket clips, so I'm looking for something fixed blade, and with a strong Kydex-style sheath. This isn't going to be a dedicated rescue knife, so I'm not interested in those downward curved, all serrated knives. Main purpose will be to cut through nylon webbing/rope in case of sticky situations, but may occasionally be used as a regular knife (cutting tape, boxes, zip ties, etc). Anybody have some good recommendations? Thanks for any help. Also, willing to spend a bit of money, if need be.

Re: Help Finding a Good Neck-Knife

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">spartan blades </div></div>

+1. Mark C. is a good blade smith. (He's also a former SOTIC instructor and a great shot.). They've done a lot of work with Bill Harsey.

Enyo knife

I've got the Bark River "Bravo Necker" - very nice little knife. Add the accessory leather sheath - it is way better than the kydex...

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/product_info.php?cPath=465_712_713&products_id=15743

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/product_info.php?cPath=465_712_714&products_id=8482

bn_green_finish_600.jpg

B_Necker_in_Leather.jpg

ESEE Izula.

I bought one as a christmas present for a friend but wish I kept it.

65$ and made in the USA with a LIFETIME no questions asked warranty. The KYDEX sheath holds the knife very securely.

izula_bk.jpg

+1 on the Spartan Blades. My son has the Enyo and loves the think.

11675-s.jpg

$10, high carbon steel blade, scandi grind....you can sharpen it on a flat river rock.

I picked up a Dawson at a gun show today. Super nice custom knife. They make neck knives also. If you don't like their selection, they will make what you need.

Even though I didn't start this thread, I found it helpful. I just ordered an Esee Izula II, now I'm just awaiting its arrival! Thanks for the recommendations!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaos_23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even though I didn't start this thread, I found it helpful. I just ordered an Esee Izula II, now I'm just awaiting its arrival! Thanks for the recommendations!</div></div>

You will love it! I have the Izula and Izula 2... along with several other ESEEs. Great value and performance to match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a doug ritter msk5....works fantastic for how cheap it is
i also have a warnecliffe crkt that's also fantastic for the price

http://www.crkt.com/Ritter-RSK-Mk5

http://www.crkt.com/Folts-Minimalist-Neck-Knife-Razor-Sharp-Edge

the ritter has a paracord wrapped grip and stays in my pocket

the minimalist is on a paracord adjustable lanyard and it's on my neck</div></div>

The Minimalist is a great little blade. I picked on up recently and I just pocket carry this instead of a folder now for odd jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an izula. This knife is a razor.

</div></div>

this, they are the best bang for your buck, period.

I'm a big fan of Cold Steel for small knives. The Kiridashi neck knife has been my favorite for a while.

Charles May makes a great neck knife...and a lot of other great designs as well....