• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help finding a stock for a Ruger American Magnum

ringorock

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2013
I have a RAM in 300 win mag in gowild. Thinking about a new stock, but I can't find one. Some companies sell a LA stock, but they aren't compatible because of the single stack mags that the RAMs use. Any help?

The only Long Action stocks I know of are Boyd’s and also Bell and Carlson...as well as an MDT chassis sold exclusively through Brownells

Have you contacted Bell and Carlson? I swear I’ve seen someone with a win mag or 7mm rem mag with a Bell and Carlson stock on

Just looked and yes, found a post/picture of a guy with his 7mm rem mag in a Bell and Carlson stock. He said it all bolted right in, magazine latched in without modifications

i am sure there are many other people making stocks but these are the ones i know of
Gunstock - Macon Gunstocks
Canyon Creek Custom Gunstocks, LLC, Canyon Creek Custom, Custom Gun Stocks, Custom Stock Maker,
RMS Custom Gunstocks
Stocks | Doan Trevor Custom Rifle Building
Gary Canes custom stocks for Steyr rifles,
Target Rifles & Stocks - HPS Target Rifles Limited
Home - Custom Shop
MASTER CLASS Stocks and Shooting Accessories, Inc.
and incase you think about making your own from a blank
Claro Walnut GSK-3 3.5"-10.5"x30.25"x4" - Global Wood Source.
I hope you find something you can use to get your gun up and running again . good luck on what ever you decide on .

Breathing life into this old thread.
Looking for a replacement stock for my older RAM 300 Win Mag having same issue - B&C advertises, LA stock config for rotary, but they aren't compatible because of the single stack mags that the RAM use when chambered in .300 & .338 use. Ideas? help? anyone actually replace the stock on a RAM .300 Win Mag (excluding chassis style rig)?

Regards

Reactions: DingerRinger
Bell and Carlson's do not fit magnum calibers. I have already tried, fit, and returned a Bell and Carlson stock. They did give a full refund, but just save yourself the time on the front end.

Breathing life into this old thread.
Looking for a replacement stock for my older RAM 300 Win Mag having same issue - B&C advertises, LA stock config for rotary, but they aren't compatible because of the single stack mags that the RAM use when chambered in .300 & .338 use. Ideas? help? anyone actually replace the stock on a RAM .300 Win Mag (excluding chassis style rig)?

Regards
Ever find out anything? I ordered a Boyd’s today but now second guessing myself

LMK if it actually fits the LA barreled action and rotary mags. Have looked at their stuff before but never pulled the trigger on it.
As long as the action is the same size I think it will work I did get some pillars to help reinforce it, I called and left them a message to call me back tomorrow.