• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Help finding a stock for a Ruger American Magnum

ringorock

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2013
I have a RAM in 300 win mag in gowild. Thinking about a new stock, but I can't find one. Some companies sell a LA stock, but they aren't compatible because of the single stack mags that the RAMs use. Any help?

The only Long Action stocks I know of are Boyd’s and also Bell and Carlson...as well as an MDT chassis sold exclusively through Brownells

Have you contacted Bell and Carlson? I swear I’ve seen someone with a win mag or 7mm rem mag with a Bell and Carlson stock on

Just looked and yes, found a post/picture of a guy with his 7mm rem mag in a Bell and Carlson stock. He said it all bolted right in, magazine latched in without modifications

i am sure there are many other people making stocks but these are the ones i know of
Gunstock - Macon Gunstocks
Canyon Creek Custom Gunstocks, LLC, Canyon Creek Custom, Custom Gun Stocks, Custom Stock Maker,
RMS Custom Gunstocks
Stocks | Doan Trevor Custom Rifle Building
Gary Canes custom stocks for Steyr rifles,
Target Rifles & Stocks - HPS Target Rifles Limited
Home - Custom Shop
MASTER CLASS Stocks and Shooting Accessories, Inc.
and incase you think about making your own from a blank
Claro Walnut GSK-3 3.5"-10.5"x30.25"x4" - Global Wood Source.
I hope you find something you can use to get your gun up and running again . good luck on what ever you decide on .

Breathing life into this old thread.
Looking for a replacement stock for my older RAM 300 Win Mag having same issue - B&C advertises, LA stock config for rotary, but they aren't compatible because of the single stack mags that the RAM use when chambered in .300 & .338 use. Ideas? help? anyone actually replace the stock on a RAM .300 Win Mag (excluding chassis style rig)?

Regards

Reactions: DingerRinger
Breathing life into this old thread.
Looking for a replacement stock for my older RAM 300 Win Mag having same issue - B&C advertises, LA stock config for rotary, but they aren't compatible because of the single stack mags that the RAM use when chambered in .300 & .338 use. Ideas? help? anyone actually replace the stock on a RAM .300 Win Mag (excluding chassis style rig)?

Regards
Ever find out anything? I ordered a Boyd’s today but now second guessing myself