• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help finding hunting scope

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Looking for a scope to hunt with. 15 18 20 power is good. Want to dial the turret mil moa or yards doesnt matter. Clean reticle with wind holds. Not looking to break bank but good example is a huskemaw just not that price tine you send it in

899 ish a vortex could work , maybe even a athlon sothing not sure on your feelings on there ret choices , but minox has some offerings in that price range , crimson trace , bsa , swfa , swamp fox there 50k round warranty put a stop on me getting one but there 500 price was a nice draw , you could find the guy in the forums that works with or for camera land and see what they have available or look in the px maybe a used scope you may find . The post link what ever it's called here for euro optics seems pretty good , good luck on what ever you get .

The fact of the matter is, pretty much anything that is clear with a good reticle will work for hunting. You could get a Leupold VX2 3-9 and be fine for any ethical shot from most $600 hunting rifle. There's a lot of cross over between "hunting" and "tactical" scope recommendations. Bushnell Elite series is highly recommended on here for the hunting side.

Ive heard that they had problems with dials not being accurate all the time is that true
    With the Leupold it depends, the nightforce is most likely going to track. If they don’t both companies will fix it.

For hunting scope I like a reticle I can do holdovers. If my range where I’m hunting will be no more than 400 yds I’d get a fine duplex reticle illuminated!

Leupold vx-3i LRP 8.5-25x50 ffp tmr

Also how is the glass on those?

The glass is as clear as one could wish for, especially in low light! And it doesn’t get foggy on25x like most glass does

Looking for a scope to hunt with. 15 18 20 power is good. Want to dial the turret mil moa or yards doesnt matter. Clean reticle with wind holds. Not looking to break bank but good example is a huskemaw just not that price tine you send it in

This doesn’t meet your 18x magnification desire but I assure you its plenty enough for hunting out to 1k and beyond. There is simply not a better deal on the planet right now. These are reliable, track well, and have glass well above their price. This is what’s on my hunting rig.

John

This doesn’t meet your 18x magnification desire but I assure you its plenty enough for hunting out to 1k and beyond. There is simply not a better deal on the planet right now. These are reliable, track well, and have glass well above their price. This is what’s on my hunting rig.

John
    What does glass compare too??

I'll go ahead and say it Bushnell lrhsi or lrti... Just thrilled with mine...glass above it's weight class and not too busy of a reticle....also great clicks that track.....
    Hard to find those seems like

Sightron S-III with the LRMOA reticle is a lot of bang for your buck.......Magnification is your friend. You can always turn it down....:cool:

LRTSi is essentially the same scope as the LRHSi. Locking windage turret instead of capped. Reticle is slightly different. I‘ve had both. I actually prefer the LRTSi. Provided the link above.

John
    Do they come in any more power? What about the bushnell dmr and dmrii?

If you don't mind the weight, the Bushnell LRTSi from Cameraland is the best buy on the market right now. If you want to go a little lighter, check out the various Nightforce SHVs.

If you don't mind the weight, the Bushnell LRTSi from Cameraland is the best buy on the market right now. If you want to go a little lighter, check out the various Nightforce SHVs.
    Yes its a good one. Just thinking if 12 will be enough

Yes its a good one. Just thinking if 12 will be enough

Absolutely. 12x is plenty. I'll even wager you'll find yourself routinely killing game at lower powers. FOV is king, and with rock solid turrets you'll most likely range your target, dial, kill.

Yeah ive used 10 power alot for hunting but i went to arizona coues deer hunting and wow more power helps lol

I have a vortex diamondback tactical on one of my guns that has the magnification you are looking for. Seems to track well and is tough have fallen on rocks and in the field and always has held zero. Its pretty cheap and tough. just my .2 cents

Went with the dmrii so can’t wait to get it here and mounted to see how it’s gonna work.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug