• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Grey Ghost Precision

SSBully

New Guy
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2017
NC
I have tried multiple times to order (probably no less than 50) over the last couple/several weeks to order 2 rifles on Grey Ghost Precision’s website without being able to complete my purchase. I have emailed without any meaningful help other than I am putting my information in wrong. Has anyone else had this problem or know what is going on over there?

If I didn’t enjoy my other GGP products I already have I would have moved on bye now. No phone number is provided and emailing is the only option.

Thanks in advance for any response or any ideas where to buy a couple of complete billet 5.56 rifles.

https://greyghostprecision.com/

Phone number in upper right of site

1659378716922.png

Reactions: SSBully
Have you tried a different card and shipping/mailing address? Sometimes card processors can kick back info as being bad, even if it works other places. Especially if you live in unincorporated county land and have to put in a "City" for billing/mailing.

Have you tried a different card and shipping/mailing address? Sometimes card processors can kick back info as being bad, even if it works other places. Especially if you live in unincorporated county land and have to put in a "City" for billing/mailing.
Yes I first tried different devices and then a different card, even tried my Dad’s card and device.

If all you're looking for is a fully billet setup...
This guy is a fantastic machinist and will do custom work, seriously, you get what you want, not what they are trying to sell.
Give em a call, real nice folks.

The company I work for has an online store with the bare minimum security: The zip code on what ever you put in for "billing address" on your order has to match up with the zip code on the billing address for your credit card. And still we have a couple of bounced transactions each week. Trouble is, when a transaction is bounced we don't get ANY info about why it bounced from the card processing company. That's likely one reason GGP can't give you any better answer - they really don't know, and thus can't offer any advice.

I'd expect somebody selling gun stuff would have more, but similar, layers of security: could be a full address match and if the credit card company spells out "Street" and you put "St" in the order, that could be enough to bounce the transaction. At one time our company had more security layers and with virtually every transaction failing it wasn't worth the trouble!

Get your most recent credit card statement and follow it closely when you put in your "billing address" on the GGP site and see if that helps.

Reactions: D-SIL and SSBully
The company I work for has an online store with the bare minimum security: The zip code on what ever you put in for "billing address" on your order has to match up with the zip code on the billing address for your credit card. And still we have a couple of bounced transactions each week. Trouble is, when a transaction is bounced we don't get ANY info about why it bounced from the card processing company. That's likely one reason GGP can't give you any better answer - they really don't know, and thus can't offer any advice.

I'd expect somebody selling gun stuff would have more, but similar, layers of security: could be a full address match and if the credit card company spells out "Street" and you put "St" in the order, that could be enough to bounce the transaction. At one time our company had more security layers and with virtually every transaction failing it wasn't worth the trouble!

Get your most recent credit card statement and follow it closely when you put in your "billing address" on the GGP site and see if that helps.
Thanks that was one of their responses was to put in the 4 digit extension after my zip code. I will try and spell out the “Street/St.) name and let everyone know. Appreciate the help.

Thanks that was one of their responses was to put in the 4 digit extension after my zip code. I will try and spell out the “Street/St.) name and let everyone know. Appreciate the help.
They didn't ask if they could call you? I've had brownells, euro optics, (the not to be mentioned) larue and probably others call me to straiten stuff out over the phone. If their response is .You're doing something wrong and you can't get them on the phone... and you're still wanting to hand them your money??? Why?

If their CS is that unhelpful in placing an order I would rethink it

but have you thought about antivirus software causing an issue? I know you said multiple devices, but you may have the same AV software on both. Trust their website explicitly in the software, and if they redirect for CC purchase you may need to figure that link out and trust it too.

Also try chrome incognito mode and see if that helps
Are you running any extensions in your browser like ad blockers? Turn those off as a test

be more specific about how it fails? Does it just hang/freeze? Do you get any indication of anything happening?

assume it is failing here

1659397011062.png

at place order? Did you click on the YES box just above the green bar? (black background on this page is stupid)

Just don't bother. They had a great sale and on 6/24/22 I ordered a slide, barrel and a matched upper and lower. I have received the slide and barrel that was shipped to my house, but no word on the lower. They won't answer email, voicemail, or Instagram messages. My next call is to my credit card.

No offense but I find this hard to believe unless they just fired all of their CS. I’ve dealt with GG and GGP many times over and their CS has always been more than helpful. Most of my dealings were with the owners wife. I’d call again, during their normal hours. I’ve never had anyone not respond to me either. They are usually super fast, even around the holidays. What FFL are you using for your transfer? Not saying that there couldn’t be an issue but this hasn’t even remotely been my experience.

No offense but I find this hard to believe unless they just fired all of their CS. I’ve dealt with GG and GGP many times over and their CS has always been more than helpful. Most of my dealings were with the owners wife. I’d call again, during their normal hours. I’ve never had anyone not respond to me either. They are usually super fast, even around the holidays. What FFL are you using for your transfer? Not saying that there couldn’t be an issue but this hasn’t even remotely been my experience.
I've ordered from grey ghost gear quite a few times with no issues but no response is not acceptable. Phone number goes to voicemail no matter what time I call. Finally commented on Instagram and they reply to send them a dm, but that was 2 weeks ago and still no response. I don't like to talk bad about them but buyer beware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-192752_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220801-192752_Instagram.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 64
I've ordered from grey ghost gear quite a few times with no issues but no response is not acceptable. Phone number goes to voicemail no matter what time I call. Finally commented on Instagram and they reply to send them a dm, but that was 2 weeks ago and still no response. I don't like to talk bad about them but buyer beware.
Guys, I think the moved recently too. Maybe give them some more time. This is unusual for them.

They didn't ask if they could call you? I've had brownells, euro optics, (the not to be mentioned) larue and probably others call me to straiten stuff out over the phone. If their response is .You're doing something wrong and you can't get them on the phone... and you're still wanting to hand them your money??? Why?
Yeah I should move on, I have asked in the last 3 emails for them to call me.

If their CS is that unhelpful in placing an order I would rethink it

but have you thought about antivirus software causing an issue? I know you said multiple devices, but you may have the same AV software on both. Trust their website explicitly in the software, and if they redirect for CC purchase you may need to figure that link out and trust it too.

Also try chrome incognito mode and see if that helps
Are you running any extensions in your browser like ad blockers? Turn those off as a test

be more specific about how it fails? Does it just hang/freeze? Do you get any indication of anything happening?

assume it is failing here

View attachment 7924508

at place order? Did you click on the YES box just above the green bar? (black background on this page is stupid)
Not running any extensions on IPhone’s (wife and mine) and Ipad, tried my Dad’s IPhone as well.

Yes I checked the box.

Tried “Private “ browser as well, I will try another browser.

I called again this AM and left a message when no one answered, I have not gotten far enough to pay for the items let alone sending my FFL info.

12680C44-1B24-4769-83BD-F2312CB330D4.png
I appreciate everyone’s help and suggestions, I just tried another private Browser and got the same error as before. I put in the shipping and billing info as the same, spelled out my “Street” name, added the 4 digit zip code extension, Scanned CC info (and punched it in manually) i.e. date & CVV. I don’t know what else to do besides go somewhere else.

I know my card works as I used it at a large online shoe retailer earlier this evening for my son.

ok you are actually getting a payment declined message

Looks like they use authorize.net and they do have the ability to login to the merchant account and get more info

I had something like that happen once, I called my CC company to see if I could get it figured out
The CC company told me that nothing showed "declined" in their records and the merchant must have had some issue
Maybe call your CC company just to be 100% sure the request for payment isn't even reaching them

Then I would suggest you dump the phone and use an actual computer to make the purchase, fucking phones...

Send me your cash. I’ll send you Gay Ghost product. I promise.

At this point it’s an IQ test. We all have seen your results, but keep at it, you may pass and get your score eventually.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
I learned long ago that when a company, any company in any field makes it *THIS* difficult to purchase their product it's time to find another source/vendor. No matter what the reason, when companies become this difficult to deal with I stop patronizing them and find another product.

Time to move on, OP. If you get them to take your money yer gonna regret it.

VooDoo

I have dealt with Grey Ghost..... Here is a communication from them (below). They have always been top shelf.
All I can say is this is becoming the "New Norm". I have no dog in this fight. Just a heads up that things will get worse. Forge ahead before it gets worse. Get what you can afford now. I sent it this morning and got a reply within a few hours:

Customer Service

[email protected]

thumbnail

Grey Ghost Precision | www.greyghostprecision.com

510 Pine St.

Wallace, ID 83873

——

Grey Ghost Gear | www.greyghostgear.com

2 S. Division St.
Kellogg, ID 83837

——

Grey Cell | www.greycellintel.com

Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 4:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FYI

You are getting some really bad feedback. You should address it.
FYI

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/help-grey-ghost-precision.7133983/

I appreciate everyone’s help and suggestions, I just tried another private Browser and got the same error as before. I put in the shipping and billing info as the same, spelled out my “Street” name, added the 4 digit zip code extension, Scanned CC info (and punched it in manually) i.e. date & CVV. I don’t know what else to do besides go somewhere else.

I know my card works as I used it at a large online shoe retailer earlier this evening for my son.

Have you tried using a different credit card?
I've often found sometimes a particular payment processor just can't process one of the cards for some reason and using a different one fixes the problem.

Everything has changed for many businesses the last 2+ years...supply chain issues on all kinds of things from electronics to shipping. Every place I know of is looking for workers/help - the cost of fuel and associated shipping and items that require delivery (which is everything) is going up exponentially. Lots of really good businesses that were The Best in 2019 are gonna go tits up if they have not already.

The place I worked until I Rage Quit and retired is literally begging me to come back as the replacements for me (there have been 3 in 7 months) work a few weeks and then stop showing up. They can't get electronics to complete Installs and new Systems and they can't get replacement parts to keep shit running which is what I did for 49 years. It's a hot fucking mess for mid size and small businesses right now and it looks to be getting worse, not better. The only solution is to do business with those who are surviving. When we get warning signs that a place formerly outstanding is flailing and failing, throwing money at them is not a good idea.

VooDoo

Everything has changed for many businesses the last 2+ years...supply chain issues on all kinds of things from electronics to shipping. Every place I know of is looking for workers/help - the cost of fuel and associated shipping and items that require delivery (which is everything) is going up exponentially. Lots of really good businesses that were The Best in 2019 are gonna go tits up if they have not already.

The place I worked until I Rage Quit and retired is literally begging me to come back as the replacements for me (there have been 3 in 7 months) work a few weeks and then stop showing up. They can't get electronics to complete Installs and new Systems and they can't get replacement parts to keep shit running which is what I did for 49 years. It's a hot fucking mess for mid size and small businesses right now and it looks to be getting worse, not better. The only solution is to do business with those who are surviving. When we get warning signs that a place formerly outstanding is flailing and failing, throwing money at them is not a good idea.

VooDoo
I agree.
We as a country, as businesses, as individuals are moving into a "Survival of the Fittest" matrix.
Do nothing and perish.
Do the wrong thing and perish.
Do 50% wrong and 50% right and the road will be long, dusty and bumpy.
Do 100% right and prosper, write a "How To" book then retire to paradise.

Have you tried using a different credit card?
I've often found sometimes a particular payment processor just can't process one of the cards for some reason and using a different one fixes the problem.
Thanks and yes I have.

I am a glutton for punishment, after trying to call I sent my last email to them just moments ago asking for help. Out of curiosity I just tried to order a lower and and upper for shits and giggles. Well wouldn’t you know it accepted my order, so I go right back through the same process and of course it will not take my order for 2 complete rifles. I even saved my CC details just in case for this scenario.

Hopefully someone who can make a difference will see this thread and reach out to me, if not I am moving on for my Father/Son project with my Dad. The Democrats and Rhinos are making my purchase more dire bye the day.

Thanks for everyone’s comments and help even the Smart Asses and Yankees.

I am a glutton for punishment, after trying to call I sent my last email to them just moments ago asking for help. Out of curiosity I just tried to order a lower and and upper for shits and giggles. Well wouldn’t you know it accepted my order, so I go right back through the same process and of course it will not take my order for 2 complete rifles. I even saved my CC details just in case for this scenario.

Hopefully someone who can make a difference will see this thread and reach out to me, if not I am moving on for my Father/Son project with my Dad. The Democrats and Rhinos are making my purchase more dire bye the day.

Thanks for everyone’s comments and help even the Smart Asses and Yankees.
If you don’t want Pit replies, consider where you ask questions.

I’d say everyone was on good behavior. I genuinely wanted to help a brother out. Maybe it won’t let you buy the rifles because they aren’t actually in stock but lowers are? Just a thought.
That was EXACTLY my thoughts. That is why I contacted them... Just for my own info.
Over the past 2 years many, many suppliers, of all products, posted FYI's on their website saying "We are not taking any new order's until we get caught up on back order's".... I think that is just good business to give that message. It allows other's to go elsewhere and search for a product rather than wait around.

My thought's is that every American handle filling their needs accordingly. Don't sit and wait. Go get what you need ASAP... An old construction saying "You snooze, you loose".... The new norm.

That was EXACTLY my thoughts. That is why I contacted them... Just for my own info.
Over the past 2 years many, many suppliers, of all products, posted FYI's on their website saying "We are not taking any new order's until we get caught up on back order's".... I think that is just good business to give that message. It allows other's to go elsewhere and search for a product rather than wait around.

My thought's is that every American handle filling their needs accordingly. Don't sit and wait. Go get what you need ASAP... An old construction saying "You snooze, you loose".... The new norm.
This could be it as well, they may simply be backordered. No shit they literally just had 40% off their complete rifles on July 4th. I thought about snagging one then. They could be sold out or cut back orders because that sell was so successful. Coupled with decreased staff and a move then it’s not super surprising.

Also, for what it’s worth 2 out of the 3 rifles they offer are sold out and not eligible for backorder. It says right on the website, as Hobo mentioned above.

I really do appreciate the help and am laughing at some of the responses not crying, I promise. If I ever get offended by someone’s post or comment in RL or online I deserve it.

I reached out to my newer bank this morning and they informed me the error was due to a lack spending habits and a daily limit on my card. Scary how much we rely on these banks….

Definitely my fault for not calling my bank sooner. I was able to place my order tonight and look forward to adding to my existing GGP family and hanging out even more with my Dad. Unfortunately delays and finding enough help is a common occurrence these days.

Thanks again for all the help.

You used a credit card and the bank didn't tell YOU they were declining? I get declined SMS, Email and sometimes calls the millisecond it happens. Then, can respond "yeah, that's me" and re-run it instantly.

So: good tip for everyone to check with the bank soonest, as they can tell you if the card was declined on their end or the merchant never even submitted it, gives you a maybe-fix, certainly place to start if something like this comes up. Remember that your card company is open 24x7 so you can even fix for middle of the night impulse buys, or stuff on the wrong side of the world.

You used a credit card and the bank didn't tell YOU they were declining? I get declined SMS, Email and sometimes calls the millisecond it happens. Then, can respond "yeah, that's me" and re-run it instantly.

So: good tip for everyone to check with the bank soonest, as they can tell you if the card was declined on their end or the merchant never even submitted it, gives you a maybe-fix, certainly place to start if something like this comes up. Remember that your card company is open 24x7 so you can even fix for middle of the night impulse buys, or stuff on the wrong side of the world.
I never got anything from my bank, kinda why I thought it was on their end and not mine figured it was their processor or an admin deal. My Dad never got any messages either when we tried his card multiple times either. We do bank at the same place that has recently been bought out from a bigger bank.

Lesson learned for sure. Just sharing for other’s info.

Reactions: shoobe01
Oh yeah. Been through the bought out and "nothing about your accounts will change." Cost me a lot of money, as things TOTALLY changed. Trust them even less than you did before until you get used to the new policies and culture.

Fuck credit card companies and 'spending habit monitoring'
Every card should be chip and pin security

Anyway, this is exactly why I carry 4 cards, can't tell you how many times one or the other has failed to work for me for whatever stupid fucking reasons.

As mentioned text alerts do help, my one card is set to actually call my cell, and I can just press 1 to authorize, but this hasn't always been the case in my life.

I also pay cash for as much as humanly possible, fuck credit cards and credit card companies
I know online orders usually do not have much choice, I do appreciate how some companies (like kygunco.com) are doing E-Checks