• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help help help tripod bino gun mount

noliver

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Georgia
I have be scouring the internet for the last two days and now I am more confused than when I started. Lol. What I am looking for is a way to mount binoculars to a tripod and be able to mount a gun on it as well while in the field. I would like to have as few parts as possible and as easy as possible. They will be swapped out in the field. Plus I want to stay as light as possible (within reason). I am looking for suggestions on tripods, gear heads, Adaptors and what mounts I need and etc.... I do not want or need the best but I do need it to function properly and be stable. Please someone help me. I will pay someone to call me and walk me through what to do. Lol. Thanks in advance.

I have be scouring the internet for the last two days and now I am more confused than when I started. Lol. What I am looking for is a way to mount binoculars to a tripod and be able to mount a gun on it as well while in the field. I would like to have as few parts as possible and as easy as possible. They will be swapped out in the field. Plus I want to stay as light as possible (within reason). I am looking for suggestions on tripods, gear heads, Adaptors and what mounts I need and etc.... I do not want or need the best but I do need it to function properly and be stable. Please someone help me. I will pay someone to call me and walk me through what to do. Lol. Thanks in advance.
Feisol ct-3372 tripod with a rrs ta-3 head "I believe " ,tripod mount on your binos ,short arcs rail on rifle and good to go ran this setup this year hunting worked good

Reactions: Big Ern
Not sure what your budget is, but i have an RRS TFCT24L-

that comes with the Anvil 30 ball head. The Anvil 30 has built in pic rail and arca attachments. For my binos i use this mount-

http://www.fieldopticsresearch.com/...e-Binocular-Tripod-Adapter-GEN-2-sku-A001.htm

on this arca plate-

and looks like this-

20191014_112647.jpg

Since this ball head accepts both pic rail and arca, i use this bottom metal in my stock-

https://redhawkrifles.com/hawkins-m5-style-detachable-magazine-bottom-metal/

with this part added on-

and that looks something like this-

20191012_223655.jpg

and allows you to do things like this-

IMG-20191021-WA0033.jpg

I can swap between binos, spotter, or rifle in seconds..

If you want to pay someone, call RRS and let them tell you what to get.

What’s your purpose?
What’s your budget?

There is not a one size fits all solution.

There are man Bino adapters depending on what your zeiss supports as far as a hook up. Some have a stud to hook up to with an adapter, some you need something more universal. Lots of options, personally I’d let the application dictate what I bought.

Sorry for the last response guys (Christmas stuff and work etc...) Any way, I do have two guns with manners stocks with Mini chassis and would probably go with vortex viper 12x50 for Binoculars. I would love a better pair of binoculars but I have a wife and two kids. Lol. I was honestly looking to keep the tripod and all attachments to about 800 if possible. KabarNC you pretty much have the set up for what I want to do. It is a little more expensive than what I want but I did give me a place to start looking. I really do appreciate all the responses. Y’all have helped me out a good deal. I am sure that I will have some more questions later. Thanks again.

Reactions: kabarNC
Is this what you are thinking?

If so I would be worried about the torque on the bino when the rifle is fired, not sure if I would want my Swaro's exposed to that.

In this pic the rifle is resting on the greyops plate, it has two arca slots but not in the right orientation to do what you want.
20200103_151310.jpg
20200103_151320.jpg

I am just starting to get my setup for mountain/long range hunting and this is what I am planning on getting.
FEISOL tripod ct 3372. $576
Leofoto lh 55 ball head $220
Rrs 60mm lever release clamp $120
Rrs b76 mounts $49ea x3 $147
Total $1063

I don’t know if this is all I wil need but it is a start.

Reactions: kabarNC
Seansmd, sorry for the late response. I was looking for for of a quick change set up between the gun and the bio. Not both set up at the same time even though that is a pretty bad ass setup for glassing. I guess you could pull the bino off when you get ready to shoot. Hives me something else to think about. Thanks for sharing.