• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help ID’ing unfolding “sniper” pack.

Rognvald762

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2023
New Orleans
I know this is a longshot, but years ago, maybe 15+, there was a rucksack-style bag that was made and I can’t remember what company made it… it wasn’t TAG or Erbelestock I don’t think, and it had some cheesy generic name like sniper loadout pack or something, but long story short, the pack separated and unfolded into a shooting mat, rifle rest, and the storage was split between either side of the mat, almost surrounding it. I know that’s a shit description but yeah. I can’t seem to find it on google and was wondering if anyone here remembers it. Thanks for the help!

20230416_115827.jpg
20230416_115944.jpg

This by chance?

I’m pretty sure you’re talking about the shooters pack. I think it was made by or for Triad. I had one at one point. I don’t recall it folding out into a mat but maybe I just didn’t figure out or realize that feature.

The rifle rest feature didn’t work very well.

@ camocorvette.....damn good suggestion photo given the shitty description!

Literally my first sentence says rucksack-style, so the only thing shitty here is your comment and attitude, not my description. But thanks for the constructive contribution none the less. Real worthwhile and necessary

I’m pretty sure you’re talking about the shooters pack. I think it was made by or for Triad. I had one at one point. I don’t recall it folding out into a mat but maybe I just didn’t figure out or realize that feature.

The rifle rest feature didn’t work very well.

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I imagine it didn’t make the best rest 😂

Actually the Eagle HRSC has shoulder straps on the other side to carry it like a rucksack. It was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Eagle made those and later Galati made a version. Triad made a shooting mat that you could add shoulder straps to, more of a minimalist version.

Otherwise none of the other packs I can think of fold out like you described.

Like this ? I have a GS-ii pack. The bottom flap folds up into the pack when not in use, and the top does the same, to turn it into a "normal" 24hr day pack.