• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes help. im losing my mind

jasonstewart

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2008
albany georgia
been looking on the hide for a good scope for a while. i cant afford but about 600 for one. ive narrowed my search to a couple specific models. falcon ffp, bushnell 4200 tactical, and supersniper so far. i guess my reason for putting this in discussion is that i dont hardly ever see these scopes for sale on the hide. i see mark 4's, uso's, s&b's, and nf's mostly. in the past week, there have only been one of each of the far above that have been put for sale on the hide. is it that the ss, the ffp, and the bushnell are sometimes hard to get, less availability, or is it that the quality of the optics is so desireable that noone wants to sell them. ive been rackin my brain for 2 weeks on which scope to buy. why would someone buy a $2500 scope and then turn around and sell it soon and take a kick in the ass because of it. is there something about the high end scopes that people actually dont like? i have seen some nice leupy's in my price range on here, and they stay on for a couple days. but a falcon ffp or a ss goes up for sell, and its gone in ten minutes. maybe ive just gotten to many hits to the head and its fuckin up my thoughts. i have never had this much of a problem before when it comes to buying a gun or scope. in the past i would look in a catalog, find a scope that i want and buy it the same day. now i am shooting long range and i am seeing things differently. i know that i want a 30mm tube, a side focus, and something with a good warranty that wont bullshit you if something fucks up. i want magnification in the range of low side 6 to high side 16-20 or so. my eyes aint that good and i need the extra magnification. and i want as much light as possible to get though the scope to my eye. somebody point me in a direction. thanks, jason

Re: not sure how to title this

Peoples want what they cant get...when they get it they really dont want it. Kinda like women, try it out for a while and then try something new. Your range in price is easy for items to be bought and sold at will. once you get into the 1000+ items they tend to stick around for a while.

help. im losing my mind

cant always try something new. gotstuck with a golden ring and two kids. now if i can find a scope tat i can get stuck with, ill be doin alright.

Re: help. im losing my mind

Just get the falcon FFP in MIL/MIL and some burris max rings and call it a day. That should more than get you started.

And if you dont like the falcon or finally scrape funds together for something else you can sell it for pretty much what you paid for it.

My plan was to get the falcon and wait for the first wave of Nightforce FFP to hit the used rack but I have been very happy with the performance so far.

If you can wait, falcon 5-25 is coming out soon. Hopefully May, more likely June unless you can get your hands on a preproduction one.

savvy what shows up in the winners circle.......

i know one guy that uses a leupold and wins lots of high-end glass he will NEVER shoot......for years actually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just get the falcon FFP in MIL/MIL and some burris max rings and call it a day. That should more than get you started. </div></div>

This^^^^