• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Help Me Complete My Savage Please!

Parker420

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2012
KY
I'm buying a Savage 10 FCP HS Precision .308 with a Vortex Viper PST 4x16-50 scope. What do you suggest for mounting scope? Any other suggestions for performance upgrades?

Thanks!

Re: Help Me Complete My Savage Please!

I bought that exact same thing. I put on a Seekins base and rings and they are good stuff. http://www.seekinsprecision.com/

The 4-16x50 PST was holding me back for shooting off a bench. I'm using a Sightron 8-32x56 now and it's much better for that type of shooting. I'm still glad I bought the Seekins base and rings though.

Weaver Tactical bases are good if you want to save a bit of cash. I also use Seekins rings.

I bought the savage fp-sr with a viper pst 6-24 and I used an egw 20 moa base and SWFA SS Aluminum Rings. Everything has held tight and maintained zero.

I'm not saying this is the best option, but on a budget they have worked for me.

Weaver or EGW 20MOA base, Burris XTR low rings

Performance upgrades...?? 3000 rounds of match ammo and Snipers Hide online video training or Rifles Only's new DVD.. if you are just getting into precision shooting.