• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me decide - 300 PRC - Bergara vs Browning

Wvrktguy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2017
West Virginia
I’m looking for a good long range hunting rifle and and currently narrowed down to the X Bolt Max Long Range with the adjust comb stock and the HMR B-14. I’m looking to see if you guys have any opinions or better yet personal experience with either?

Why I’m leaning towards the Browning - stainless action and barrel, 60 degree bolt throw, pound lighter, radial brake, 1:8 twist vs 1:9 on the bergara, stock fees more solid as the begara feels a bit flimsy.

I like the Begara follows the 700 foot print and like the mag and trigger options for it as well.

I have to give a thumbs up for the Bergara. The stock trigger is great. The HMR stock is very serviceable as a hunting rifle and the bit of extra weight will soak up some of the recoils. There is nothing flimsy about it. Best of all is the consistency of Bergara barrels. I'm shooting a 6mm Creed in the HMR Pro version and I got 1/4” groups out of the box. I can't say a single bad thing about the rifle. The B14 uses a different standard action and Bergara trigger but other than that they are much the same. You can also upgrade with Rem pattern options like trigger though I can't see why one would want to. One nice thing about the HMR Stock is the molded in mini chassis. Either gun would be a fine choice but I'm in love with Bergara and I'll be buying another in the B14 version before long.

If you can get a 300 PRC HMR pro for $1300 I'd jump on it. Their barrels are money and it has a TT trigger I believe

Reactions: McCoyoioi