• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help me decide to trade my scope

Help me decide to trade my scope

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mdmorrow

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
McKinney, TX
I have the option to trade my 3-15 SWFA for a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12 with the G2 reticle (not the LHRS). It's for a Remington 5R 300 mag. I'm happy with my current scope but I get optic ADD and like to trade around from time to time. It'll be used both for target and hunting. Vote and help me decide. Thanks!

Trade it for the SWFA 5-20HD. SWFA has a great "Trade-In" program. That would be an upgrade...

You'll be the user

That's true, but I do value the input of others. If the bushnell has that much better glass or anything else over the swfa than it may be worth trading. The 3-12 or 3-15 power range is perfect for this application. Having the 3 power low end is excellent for hunting when a wide field of view is important. That's why I'm not considering a move to the 5-20. The 3-21 Bushnell would be great but it's also quite a bit heavier being a 34mm tube. I also like the G2 reticle alot. I've used it a handful of times on other rifles and it really seems pretty good.

Anybody else have any input over why one is better than the other? Like I said, I really like the 3-15 but if the 3-12 has much better glass clarity then I'd be fine with giving up the extra magnification.

I voted Bushnell for the simple fact that I like the reticle. Bushnell also has a money back guarantee if you decide you don't like it within a year. Or by then you might find something that'll tickle your fancy down the road.

Didn't like the reticle or the glass on the SWFA. I have two of the Bushnells that have been abused in the field and are still rockin'