• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help me decide which Falcon I want

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Utah, north
    www.coldboremiracle.com
    Lookin at the Falcon 4-18 or 5-25, I want to stay moa/moa for convinence, I dont know if the FFP is a must have or not, and I want Illum ret. I have'nt seen ALL their models but these are the features I'm looking for, please give some opinions/suggestions.

Re: Help me decide which Falcon I want

coldbore,

I think your SOL. If Falcon makes a MOA reticle then it is a well kept secret.

The Only Reticles Falcon makes that I'm aware of are:

ML16
    Enhanced SLR MilDot
    Standard Mildot
    MP20

They are all MIL based. So MIL/MOA is the best you can do. So you might as well go MIL/MIL for simplicity.

Depends what you plan to do with your rifle as to weather you need FFP or not. I had a Falcon 4-14 FFP & never turned the magnification below 14x to make use of the feature.

Falcon will be releasing an moa/moa version of their popular 4-14 ffp. Thay also have under development a 4.5-18x50 FFP Moa/Moa and a raft of other scopes inc a 2-12 sfp with m3 style turrets, and a long range version of their new FT SFP T50 10-50x56. Falcon is busy.

What rifle are you putting it on? I tend to find the 4.5-18 harder to get on with at high magnification as the eye relief seems to decrease too close for comfort. However I use it on a .223 which is ideal. I've just put the 4-14 on a 300WM and so far very impressed.

I've not seen the 5-25's yet and would also be interested to hear what they're like.

Picking a Falcon is like picking an STD, either way your gonna get burned.

With scopes invariably you pay for what you get. £ for £ (or $ for $..) Falcon seem (IMO)to be better than some (or most) of the competition at the price.
    I'm trying the 4-14 on my 300WM having been assured by them it'll stand it. (I previously had a Meopta 4-16 tactical). So far results are good, will just have to see how it goes with some heavy 220 grain loads thro it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets hear it then, thats why I posted this, whats your take on them? </div></div>

They're shit, period (.)

I have a straight 10x and a 4-14 ffp. Both scopes have served the purpose as far as being able to track. The glass is low quality, which I am sure you are aware of. Someday it would be nice to upgrade but for now I am spending my cheddar on ammo to try and improve my skill set. I think for the price point they are competitive. SS is a good choice as well, with a way better warranty. I can't say enough about SWFA.

Not sure if you are trying to stay under $400. If you can rachet up to the $600, the new Bushnell 4200's look interesting. Glass is way better. They offer 30mm and a ffp, only mil-dots though. Mil turrets too.

I have not yet had to deal with a warranty issue, knock on wood that I don't have to. I've owned them for over 2 years now.

Good luck with you choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets hear it then, thats why I posted this, whats your take on them? </div></div>

They're shit, period (.)

</div></div>I'm not sure about them being shit. Mine was about as good as you can get for a scope in it's price range with as many features as it has. Now my NF is much better, but also cost 4x as much. I wouldn't hesistate to buy another one based on my experience with my first.

My 4-14x44 works fine but it has never seen anything other than rimfire. The glass is clear enough to see .22 inch holes at 100m with good target setup (backing behind white / air behind black). The adjustments are cheap feeling but repeatable and reliable.

I think much of the criticism comes from the company refusing to confirm the country of manufacture, which leads people to assume they are 99% Chinese.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets hear it then, thats why I posted this, whats your take on them? </div></div>

They're shit, period (.)

</div></div>
    Thats not much detail, I have several Leupolds and NF and am simply interested in these less expensive scope options for a friend, I've heard a lot of good about them here on the hide and wanted to hear good and bad from those who have owned them so I can make an informed descision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zzzzzzzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 4-14x44 works fine but it has never seen anything other than rimfire. The glass is clear enough to see .22 inch holes at 100m with good target setup (backing behind white / air behind black). The adjustments are cheap feeling but repeatable and reliable.

I think much of the criticism comes from the company refusing to confirm the country of manufacture, which leads people to assume they are 99% Chinese.</div></div>

OpticsWarehouse.uk told me last year that they were indeed manufactured in China.

Still a very good scope for the money for range and entry level competition.