• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Help me decide

scott1119

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2007
London, ky
Horus Vision 8-26x50 SMOA Non-Illuminated Varmint Scope
or
Millet LRS-1 mil/mil camo 6-25x56

Please help, Will be used for long range target shooting, and varmint hunting

Re: Help me decide

I'm not a big fan of either but I would go with the Millet. Have you looked at the Vortex PST or the Bushnell HDRM?

We can get you the Millet or almost another other scopes so if we can be of help feel free to ask.

Mike @ CST

My H Predators don't track well. Fortunately they have decent glass and the reticle is great for holdovers, "which I prefer". I like them and haven't been able to talk myself into selling. If they were to ever break I'd be out of a scope.

IMO, the Millet's are a dolled up Centerpoint chinese scope. I've read of more failures than I'd want to deal with but on the other hand they at least have a better warranty.

If I were in your shoes I'd be looking at the Vortex PST or Bushnell Tactical. They are a good step up in quality compared to those you've mentioned. If you can live with a fixed power scope, mil/mil, the classic SS series from SWFA will be coming out soon.

I had a Millet for a short time and sent it right back for a refund. At the top end of the magnification scale it was like trying to see through a bowl of New England clam chowder. Honestly.