• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me outfit my CZ 457 Pro Varmint

whitehawk

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
Ferndale, WA
I'm looking to buy a rail, rings, and scope and hoping to spend $800 or less. The goal is to be able to shoot 25-250 yards, will be used 70% target 30% varmint, and wondering what setups might be recommended.

At the time being, I don't have space to shoot out beyond 250, great to have the option of further distances in the future, but do want to be able to shoot as close as 25 as well. I'm not factoring a bipod into the setup but if a good option can be accomplished in the $800 range (or slightly more) I'd be interested in suggestions.

I like the idea of supporting BScar, and having this rifle be somewhat of a trainer for my AR10, but it of course has the dreaded Leupold 6 3-18... (I got it used, I swear!).

From the reading I've done, it looks like there are a lot of recommendations for the Midas TAC 6-24x50, but wanted to see what other recommendations might come up, as well as thoughts on rail and rings.

Thanks for helping me spend my money!

Last edited:
Take a look at Athlon. They have a few different affordable scopes that have great reticles. Are you going to be dialing or do you want to hold over also? Not sure about rails for that particular, I would just google and pick one. Spend the rest on some decent some rings, I don't put as much worry into the brand of rings as others besides the actual footprint size and height which is stock/rifle/preference dependent. As long as your not buying the absolute cheapest you can find you should be fine.

I have ARAE 419 rails on all three of my 457s because they clamp onto the dovetail. They are about 100.00
If you go with something like a DIP rail that uses set screws pressing into your receiver, put some number 8 shot
under the set screws to keep them from damaging your rifle. Brass tip set screws will also leave ugly witness marks.
If you ever want to change your bolt knob, I recommend you use a Vudoo. You will need a thread adapter for it.
It will convert from M6 to 5/16-24. Anarchy Outdoors makes the longest magazine release.
The Flaig Ace #21 and #22 both work. Gun Broker and eBay.

Scope.... Trijicon 5-50x56. ;-)

Attachments

• 20210617_105232.jpg
    20210617_105232.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 99
  • AA EXT MAG REL.jpg
    AA EXT MAG REL.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 108
  • LUMLEY.jpg
    LUMLEY.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 113
Ditto the area 419 rail and then put an arken on it and you are well under 800.

Reactions: Appalachian
I've been very pleased with my Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50, it's a great scope. Only feature it lacks is an illuminated reticle, but that wasn't important to me. I've had no issues with the Vortex Pro Series rings it sits in.

I think the Arken SH4 is going to live on my new Bergara BMR...it will allow me to just stay under the MSRP for base class NRL22.

Area 419 rail is the best out there for the CZ.

Reactions: nakoa01
I'm looking to buy a rail, rings, and scope and hoping to spend $800 or less. The goal is to be able to shoot 25-250 yards, will be used 70% target 30% varmint, and wondering what setups might be recommended.

At the time being, I don't have space to shoot out beyond 250, great to have the option of further distances in the future, but do want to be able to shoot as close as 25 as well. I'm not factoring a bipod into the setup but if a good option can be accomplished in the $800 range (or slightly more) I'd be interested in suggestions.

I like the idea of supporting BScar, and having this rifle be somewhat of a trainer for my AR10, but it of course has the dreaded Leupold 6 3-18... (I got it used, I swear!).

From the reading I've done, it looks like there are a lot of recommendations for the Midas TAC 6-24x50, but wanted to see what other recommendations might come up, as well as thoughts on rail and rings.

Thanks for helping me spend my money!
I have DIP 20 moa rails on both my rimfire's. Burris XTR rings with inserts, Both have Vortex Strike Eagle 5 X 25X56, with the rings I am 2 mils from the bottom with a 50 yds zero. I can dial to 500yds.
Mark

Take a look at Athlon. They have a few different affordable scopes that have great reticles. Are you going to be dialing or do you want to hold over also? Not sure about rails for that particular, I would just google and pick one. Spend the rest on some decent some rings, I don't put as much worry into the brand of rings as others besides the actual footprint size and height which is stock/rifle/preference dependent. As long as your not buying the absolute cheapest you can find you should be fine.

Appreciate all the comments and suggestions. re: above - I would like the option for hold-over. I'm currently considering the Midas Tac 6-24x50 on amazon for ~$500 vs the 2x Arken options. Not sure how I feel about the reticle on the EP4. Extra sale on the Arkens is tempting.

My 457 MTR is in jail now and i get it from the FFL on Thursday. I got the 419 rail, seekins rings and a vortex venom scope. Should be under $800.00 for all of the that.

I also got the 419 arcalock rail and knob, anarchy outdoors mag extentions too.

Don't know why but I am super excited for this gun to be done.