• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes help me pick my scope

Impact

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2007
Los Angeles,CA
Alright the Surgeon Scalpel .308 got home last night
smile.gif
This is my first and only bolt rifle (saved money for a year for it and now it's here). I wanted to do it right the first time.

I'm already leaning towards Seekins rings (low or Medium)

now I need a scope. This is the fun part...

I'm leaning towards NF but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something easy to use: will be used up to 900 yards, steel plates is what I like..

reticle ? I'm thinking NP-R1 and a 3-15x x 50mm scope.

I keep reading about that mil/mil thing here too.

budget, I'd like to keep it around $1,800

I'm listening guys..
smile.gif

Re: help me pick my scope

Sorry, I missed part of your post....

NightForce 3.5-15x50 Mil/Mil w/ Zero stop

Done

go with the NF 5.5 x 22 x 56, the MOA thing is a bit easyer to learn the the mill thing. ITs up to you and what type of shooting that you want to be doing. You cant go wrong with the Night Force and you will be in about 1600 bucks.

thanks guys. anything wrong with the NP-R1 ? also should I go up to to a 5.5x22 ? isn't it too much magnification while scanning for steel plates ? bear with me..lol

Why not $2000? Go Premier or USO. The NF mil/mil with zero stops is nice. Looked at one and I liked it. I still prefer a "double turn" knob of some sorts to help in avoiding of getting lost. Or does the NF have this? I didn't get to look at the NF that close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does USO or NF offer LEO discounts ? I know Leupold does. </div></div>

Yep, give me a shout.

Cheers,

Doc

Get the Premier, it wont disappoint. I upgraded from a NF 3-15, and love the Premier, its a great scope. Having a single turn knob and glass of that quality is awesome!

forgot to say I can calculate and think faster in meters than inches/yards, with that in mind, what do you recommend ? thanks

Impact, since you are open to suggestions, here is my Scapel. Sitting on top of it is a SN3 3.8x22. The view at 900 yards is incredible. This one is MOA but if you like mils go mils. Its more than you wanted to spend,but a rifle as fine as the Scapel should have the best.

24xf7sm.jpg

I bought the 308 from Jensen 2 months ago. Same color as yours. I would with out a doubt buy the S&B 4-16 from Mile high shooting. Randy and Dian are the best. Now on the rings I might go with thevnew Alpha 34mm mount&#8207;.E-mail them at [email protected] . You want the best for your gun?
T

If it were mine I would go with a USO. I love my Nightforce and it has never given me any problems, but I'll be stepping up to a USO in the near future.

thanks guys for the feedbacks.
bought mine as well from Jensen. Had great service from them.

Tim1071, do you shoot at Angeles ?

what would be the budget for a USO like yours ?