• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Help me select a 30 cal can.

Frapiscide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'm planning on getting a suppressor, but unfortunately, they don't stock ones from TBAC. I'm going to ask them if they can special order, but if they don't/can't they do stock Surefire, Gemtech, AAC, and Silencerco suppressors. I'm looking for best repeatability, least amount of POI shift, and least effect on accuracy.

I'm sure dollars relate to quality. I have 3 different AAC and have been very pleased. Good suppression. Very small POI shift, and its repeatable; I know POI with and without the suppressor installed. I have a22 LR Silencerco, and honestly it's the most fun to shoot of all.

This is easy, get either the TBAC 30P-1 or 30BA. #ProblemSolved :)

You can get one of the many vendors on here (some are running GBs) to Form3 to your dealer or just order direct from TBAC. I can't say enough about how happy I am with my TBAC cans.

I have a SAS Arbiter with quick detach brake that I use on my GAP-10 and 300BLK SBR. Repeatable POI and additional brakes for ~125.00. Milehighshooting.com is who I purchased through.

I have a 30BA, but I would look at a Shark also. David is a great guy to deal with. My shooting buddy owns a Shark, and he loves it.

I've only shot a friend's Liberty can, but I can say that it was very well made and worked great.

So I found out that they won't Form 3 anything in right now. The owner said that he doesn't want to go through all the paperwork and the wait time at the moment. So that brings me down to Surefire's recent 7.62 can, the SOCOM762-RC and the Gemtech Sandstorm. Which one would be better for accuracy?

Find another dealer. He doesn't want to 'do the paperwork' because he doesn't make a margin on the product if he's only transferring it to you. If you're going to pay that much, and wait that long, get the can you want.

I'm pretty sure I've shot most every current production .30 can made, with the exception of the Hooper FEMUR, and if I could only own one, it would be the SAS Arbiter Ti. With the budget you stated you'll have enough cash left over to get a sparrow, the stamp, and maybe fill up your,e tank.

So I found out that they won't Form 3 anything in right now. The owner said that he doesn't want to go through all the paperwork and the wait time at the moment. So that brings me down to Surefire's recent 7.62 can, the SOCOM762-RC and the Gemtech Sandstorm. Which one would be better for accuracy?

Bravely run away from that dealer and move on to someone that will work with you!

I went with AWC's PSR. It is a quick connect can and comes with a brake for $1100. They also make it in Ti.

1. Find another dealer, this current guy you are using is a clown.
2. Surefire is going to be above the price you stated
3. Clearly no one read the part in which you listed the manufacturers that the shop carries. If he wont form3 a can in, you are screwed.
4. I would save up the extra money and get the Surefire over the Gemtech Sandstorm, they have a POI shift from first shot to rest of the shots. It wears in eventually but is annoying until that time.

Thankfully I found another Class 3 dealer not far from here. About an hour away compared to about 10 minutes, but at least they're willing to form 3 a can in. Anyone heard of Altra Firearms?