• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Help me with some votes here -- Trying get us voted the Snobbiest Town!

Stowe won in a landslide and true to my word, I will be making some changes to my profile on Sunday when I get home... hard to do on a silly little smartphone. Thanks for all the support!

Good to hear from my friends Doc and Justin, too! Wasn't sure if you guys had been designed out of the new Hide format.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Well, Stowe won, congratulations. Having been to Stowe several times---I grew up in NH----I would agree that it is the snobiest town in VT. I went to vote, but it seems the poll closed at the right snobbish time of 6:14PM----who ever heard of that crazy time for a poll closing??? Anyway, glad you won.

I can't in good faith vote for you. Your profile:Interests:
Antique cars and motorcycles. Shooting. Bird hunting. Long-distance MC trips. Learning

Doesn't look too snobbish. In fact it appears the opposite. In addition your picture of what appears to be a wolf among a flock of sheep is for certain UN-snobbish.

If you change your picture for a period of 30 days to something snobbish. I'll accept that as doing your part for my vote.

Phil:

As promised... Until July 15th, my blue-blooded inner-snob comes out!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Never been to Vermont, but tend not to like the people from there, not because they are snobby, just pushy a holes.. I will vote for you anyway since they don't have that category..

Yep, closed, sorry man, could not vote

Phil:

As promised... Until July 15th, my blue-blooded inner-snob comes out!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Quite right!

About sirhrmechanic

Biography:
After my polo career ended due to a serious hangnail, I decided to simply join the jet set and flit from film-festival to film festival with occasional stops for organic foodie conventions and jaunts to the Aston Martin performance driving school, where I have so far only passed the first lesson: Idling in front of the Kennedy Center and looking self-important.

The Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the Northeast

Interests:
Dressage and polo; Skiing in Gstaad; the Sundance Film Festival; my leased Rolex Daytona 18K Leopard

Blueblood scion of pompomisity.

Signature

Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum

Oderint dum metuant

"You went full nerd with that reference." Thanks, I will wear that as a badge of honor!

Sir,

Damn man sorry I didn't find this thread in time to bust out a vote for ya, not like you snobs need it. I have not spent much time in VT and have never been to Stowe. I grew up in North Georgia and after I got out of the Corps I moved to Maine. I do like Maine (all except the damn cost of living...) New England is a big change for me. I have been to Mount Snow to run the Tough Mudder and will be there again this year Aug 11 to run it. I found VT to be a world all of its own, it is very different than the rest of the East coast at least from what I have seen. I like what I have seen of it, kind of like mountainous cow country. When I drive threw the small towns it feels like I have traveled back in time, I enjoy it a lot and am looking forward to making the trip again soon!

Congrats on the victory - enjoy it. If you are ever back out this way (central Maine) give me a shout and Ill buy you a beer.

-Jesse

Jesse... it never used to be snobby. When I was growing up in the 70's, it was just a nice small rural town. But in the 20 years I was playing around the country and overseas, we have had an influx of folks who moved here because we were such a nice, humble little town with a ski mountain and some nice vistas. And the first thing we get is "You know, in Greenwich, we had much better golf courses." "The skating rink is just too small compared to the one back in Boston and my little spawn needs a six million dollar rink paid for by taxpayers." "Our street lights are just not as good as they were in Lexington, we need designer ones at $35,000 a lamp on Mainstreet." "Well, we need to be recognized as the Aspen of the East." Then the newly-formed historical preservation society and Kaffe Klatch starts complaining about what color our houses are... McMansions everywhere and organic firewood for sale in the local paper (really, can't make this stuff up!). I think everyone who moves into a new town should have to read "First Person Local" and the rural immigration rules.

I wanted us to win the snobby town because it's a nice 'up yours' to all the transplant folks w. their noses in the air... and because the local snobby paper ran a snobby article complaining about the contest with the basic headline "We're not snobs!!" Well, yes. You are.

Anyway, I appreciate the votes! It was fun! And probably won't matter a whit to the snobs.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sir,

Damn man sorry I didn't find this thread in time to bust out a vote for ya, not like you snobs need it. I have not spent much time in VT and have never been to Stowe. I grew up in North Georgia and after I got out of the Corps I moved to Maine. I do like Maine (all except the damn cost of living...) New England is a big change for me. I have been to Mount Snow to run the Tough Mudder and will be there again this year Aug 11 to run it. I found VT to be a world all of its own, it is very different than the rest of the East coast at least from what I have seen. I like what I have seen of it, kind of like mountainous cow country. When I drive threw the small towns it feels like I have traveled back in time, I enjoy it a lot and am looking forward to making the trip again soon!

Congrats on the victory - enjoy it. If you are ever back out this way (central Maine) give me a shout and Ill buy you a beer.

-Jesse

Yeah, but they have special cows on those there hills. Their legs grow longer on one side than the other so they won't fall down while grazing. There are only four towns in VT----the rest are just called "East.....---North....----West....---or South..." And, until recently, they only had one paved road in the whole state. I grew up across the river in NH, where were surrounded by Maniacs (Jesse, this one certainly applies to you as you stayed more than one winter), Massholes, Vermonsters, and Queerbecians. It was a rough childhood. I was closest to the Vermonsters, and man are they ever snobby----that is NO Shit! Maybe that came to be because of the border disputes between NH and VT----at the end of them, a surveyor came to a farmstead in the previously disputed area, and informed the farmsteader that the border had been settled, and that he now officially lived in Vermont--to which he quickly replied,"Oh Thank God!!! I didn't think I could stand another one of those damned NH winters!"

Jesse... it never used to be snobby. When I was growing up in the 70's, it was just a nice small rural town. But in the 20 years I was playing around the country and overseas, we have had an influx of folks who moved here because we were such a nice, humble little town with a ski mountain and some nice vistas. And the first thing we get is "You know, in Greenwich, we had much better golf courses." "The skating rink is just too small compared to the one back in Boston and my little spawn needs a six million dollar rink paid for by taxpayers." "Our street lights are just not as good as they were in Lexington, we need designer ones at $35,000 a lamp on Mainstreet." "Well, we need to be recognized as the Aspen of the East." Then the newly-formed historical preservation society and Kaffe Klatch starts complaining about what color our houses are... McMansions everywhere and organic firewood for sale in the local paper (really, can't make this stuff up!). I think everyone who moves into a new town should have to read "First Person Local" and the rural immigration rules.

I wanted us to win the snobby town because it's a nice 'up yours' to all the transplant folks w. their noses in the air... and because the local snobby paper ran a snobby article complaining about the contest with the basic headline "We're not snobs!!" Well, yes. You are.

Anyway, I appreciate the votes! It was fun! And probably won't matter a whit to the snobs.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I feel your pain, Sirhr. The same Massholes and Connect-a-c&*tsters polluted southern NH and thoroughly destroyed it. I think they are doing a bang-up job on Maine as we speak.

All that being said, I did love hiking in the Green Mountains (and the White Mountains of NH) as a kid. We hiked Camel's Hump and Mansfield several years as the leaves changed color. I skied Killington one time too, and would love to ski Stowe. They are beautiful towns, even if they are over-run by those damned Southerners----not to be confused with the good folks of the Southern States (the old Confederacy).

Last edited:
Wow, both very funny and crazy too. I am still adjusting being a southern rebel implanted up here... Just kidding I like the "real" New England ME, NH, VT. They feel like the south but the people talk funny (especially the hard core Mainers) and it gets damn cold. I cant stand Mass, RI, Conn, and Eastern NY. It is too bad when you have people who have money come and try and change things just because they have money...

Have yah bin ta Baa Haabaa yet? My parents live neyah theyah. They moved up theyah long 'bout 7 yeeyahs ago to get away from Philthadelphia, PA. I have no idear what they thought they was gettin away from, what with the cold wintas and all that.

Oh, and by the way, don't go tryin to ask for no directions up theyah, 'cause you'll get one of two ansaahs.

1) Well, ya go down theyah and ya take a left, and ya go down theyah and ya take a right, and ya go down theyah and ya take anotha right----come ta think of it, ya cain't get theyah from heyah.
2) Well, ya go down this heyah road until you get to the Baxtah's field where his bahn burned three ye-ahs ago, and ya turn at the next left. Then ya go on a bit and turn right three miles before ya get to Parkah's fahm, and you'll find 'em on the left side of the road by the big stone.

You guys got a long way to go! I was stuck in a blizzard in Vail Colorado about 9 years ago and their cops drove Saab's. I about shit when I saw that. LOL.
Saab dealer???

They no longer even make Saab's.

Voted for ya.

Stowe 51.29%
woodstock 48.71%

Phil: Touche! Of course, that is the kind of challenge I can't resist.

So I'll make this offer: If Stowe wins Most Snobbish Town, I will replace my profile picture for not one, but TWO months with this:

profile_zpsd25e36f7.jpg

And as a bonus, I will change my interests for the same timeperiod to:

Dressage and polo; Skiing in Gstaad; the Sundance Film Festival; my leased Rolex Daytona 18K Leopard dial cosmograph; and enjoying a steaming cup of Kopi Luwak with my morning organic freerange poached eggs and goatmilk crumpets.

Deal???

Cheers and in supreme Snobification,

Sirhr

So my two months of having my snobby profile runs out this week... and I can go back to my old non-snobby (According to Phil1) picture and profile. But this one has grown on me. So I'm keeping it this way. You know, for the little people.

Cheers,

Sirhr