• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help on new gun

gsxcorey

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2011
5k max. Semi, want it damn accurate. Like a larger round, buy 6.5 through 300wm is fine.

Dream gun is a Petra but many on here say it's not reliable?

LMT MWS in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Semiauto magnums have been known to be tempermental especially if a suppressor is used.

Not too sure about reliability issues, but a buddy has a Petra and it's a sewing machine and is 1 moa at 1000yrd according to our ballistic-x app. I'd buy with confidence and their cs is top knotch. 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

LMT MWS in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Semiauto magnums have been known to be tempermental especially if a suppressor is used.
Just curious but why lmt mws over jp? I read so much about jp on here its almost like own the forum lol

Just curious but why lmt mws over jp? I read so much about jp on here its almost like own the forum lol

Quick Switch barrel vs buying another complete upper if you wanted to switch to .308. Plus I have owned the MWS and know it’s reliable and accurate and only recommend things I have personally owned or have extensive time on. Never owned a JP but have heard good things.

Seems as though you are committed to a JP (nothing wrong with that) so why beat around the bush?

Grab a JP in 6.5CM and roll with it if that’s what you want.

Reactions: Jsp556
Quick Switch barrel vs buying another complete upper if you wanted to switch to .308. Plus I have owned the MWS and know it’s reliable and accurate and only recommend things I have personally owned or have extensive time on. Never owned a JP but have heard good things.

Seems as though you are committed to a JP (nothing wrong with that) so why beat around the bush?

Grab a JP in 6.5CM and roll with it if that’s what you want.
Not committed to jp. Honestly want the Petra but skeptical, beyond that I'm wide open.

Not committed to jp. Honestly want the Petra but skeptical, beyond that I'm wide open.

Honestly, buy what you want as long as you can afford it. Life is too short to fuck around with compromises, anyway.

Maybe reach out to Horndog via PM to see if he can get any more specifics from his buddy’s experience with the gun to address any concerns you have.

Full disclosure, I’m a KAC fanboy so id otherwise tell you to go SR25 (I have two and both run flawlessly but are 1-1.25 MOA guns which wouldn’t meet your precision potential requirements). My LMT was .8-1moa consistently, hence why I recommended it over the KAC, plus SR25s are hard to come by at 5k as of late. But for me, they are top of the pyramid.

Kac is top notch. The new scar in 6.5 is intriguing to Me but so is everything all these other guys listed

I have the SR25 and Mk20 in 7.62, both are great. If you want accurate and reliable, they're the way to go. There's also LMT and HK. They're all about 1MOA factory but some can do better with handloads and literally every barrel type is present among those four.

I bet the MK20 in 6.5 would be nice but I didn't want to adopt another caliber personally. SR25 is also in 6.5 if you like and the QDC suppressor is available in both calibers now I think. SR25 also comes suppressor ready.

Surefire makes a can in 6.5 that'd be awesome for the Mk20. The new ones don't come with the barrel step down it looks like, 6.5 or 7.62, so you won't be tempted to track down legacy shit like I was. But if you suppress the MK20 you need to know that FN doesn't warranty it if you use one and that it would behoove you to get extra gas jets, a low back pressure suppressor and probably one of those silicon recoil buffers.