• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help recommend a top sfp scope

DWilson

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2017
Hello,im looking for a top tier sfp scope for hunting an some range fun but hunting mostly. At least x16-18 range mag. Shots will be 50-400yds. I have a gen2 razor that is awesome but up close shots will be crazy with it due to reticle and fov... the obvious choice is ATACR but i was hoping yall could give me some other options to look at. Thanks,Dave. Btw, please no leupolds due to past experience not holding zero.

Last edited:
If second focal and great glass are your only parameters get anything swarovski, you wont be disappointed with it.
Or zeiss.

I'd say the Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 should be one of the top choices for a rugged SFP hunting scope with great glass for shooting in low light conditions.
Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50mm ZeroStop .1 Mil-Radian DigIllum PTL Mil-R
http://bit.ly/2oLUrc2
Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50mm ZeroStop .250 MOA DigIllum PTL MOAR
http://bit.ly/2pCQ7dN

17884574_1517224528320055_2667320564466179112_n.jpg?oh=c7ff597136678dec52b87cb1677ab355&oe=599...jpg

I'd say the Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 should be one of the top choices for a rugged SFP hunting scope with great glass for shooting in low light conditions.
Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50mm ZeroStop .1 Mil-Radian DigIllum PTL Mil-R

Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50mm ZeroStop .250 MOA DigIllum PTL MOAR

Mike, interesting that you didn't recommend the Swarovski X5 series, especially after Swaro just dropped their prices by $500 across the board on these scopes, I know you sell them and promote them, any reason why you didn't recommend them hear?

Mike, interesting that you didn't recommend the Swarovski X5 series, especially after Swaro just dropped their prices by $500 across the board on these scopes, I know you sell them and promote them, any reason why you didn't recommend them hear?

Bill,

This is Richard, and yes I should have mentioned the Swarovski models as well since they make excellent SFP scopes with a variety of reticles and the lower price makes them very attractive. The large majority of scopes we stock are FFP and I had a memory lapse :cool:

Richard sell me the x5 for the price of the ATACR then i'd b set! But really is the x5 that much better of a scope or offer any better features?

Thank you Richard, I never know when you or Mike are posting as you both share the same account.

I like the nikon monarch for a SFP hunting scope. I use the 2.5-10 flavor but they make a 4-16 also.

NF ATACR 4~16x50 is the only scope in the situation you are describing i would run.