• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HELP!! Sako TRG 22 or Tikka T3 Sporter/KRG for 6mmSLR build???

Marcoman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
North & South
Hello all, officially new to the site but have referenced it un-countable times in the past for the incredible wealth of knowledge that makes up the Hide's membership.

Hoping you guys can help me with a 'bout of ADD at the moment lol. Quickly, I currently own a Sako TRG22 and 42. I love this platform and am very comfortable and familier with it, it leaves very little to be desired IMO. I also own a Tikka Mastersporter (.308) and a couple Finnfire Ranges so obviously have a soft spot for the "Poor mans TRG" aswell. I recently picked up a T3 Sporter specifically to re-barrel with a 6mm Bartlein 7.5 twist that I have had kicking around for a bit. The intention being a "Budget" 6mmSLR build to play with.

HERES THE QUESTION: I have the opportunity to pick up a third TRG22 for a great price and base the re-barrel on this platform.....now I can't decide which way to go. Do I Buy the TRG and have 3 common platforms or save the money and get a KRG Whiskey3 chassis for the Tikka abd go this route? End cost may end up similar all said and done.

I have a hold on the TRG until the morning so....Whats your take??

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your input.

Last edited:
I vote you get the TRG22 and rebarrel. Then put the KRG folding TRG stock on it.

Definitely the TRG. Besides it being more better to begin with, resale will be much better.

Neat cartridge choice. I recently ordered reamers to do 6.5 and 7 Super LR

My current Sako/Tikka resume... and an Anschutz P1010261.jpgP1010263.jpg

Sorry for the micro pics?? Anyway, I was actually leaning a bit toward the tikka myself just because of the KRG chassis, and cost can be spread out over time as opposed to all at once.

Last edited: