• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help: SAKO TRG 22 - Screws

samupin

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2022
USA
Hi.

I have a SAKO TRG 22 (6.5 Creedmoor caliber; 26" Barrel) - Factory.

Does anyone know the type of screws used that mount under the trigger and near top of the barrel? That is to mount the butt stock to the barrel.
Its two screws.

I took the gun apart and cannot seem to find the two screws :(
Your help or any reference would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sam

Hi.

I have a SAKO TRG 22 (6.5 Creedmoor caliber; 26" Barrel) - Factory.

Does anyone know the type of screws used that mount under the trigger and near top of the barrel? That is to mount the butt stock to the barrel.
Its two screws.

I took the gun apart and cannot seem to find the two screws :(
Your help or any reference would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sam
Can you take a picture of the location you are asking? That can help.

Sakos are loaded with metric Allen screws. And very specific sizes, strengths and shoulders. And torque values.

If you lost your action screws (!!??!!) look up an exploded diagram and order new ones from Beretta USA. They have excellent customer service.

Don’t screw around (pardon the pun) with hardware store or eBay fasteners on a TRG. Get the right parts. Get a torque wrench. Get a bit set.

And get a working area if you are going to take apart a TRG commensurate with working on an incredible bit of engineering. They aren’t kitchen table gunsmithing rifles.

Cheers, Sirhr

PS… in owning my Sako for some 15 years, the “only” time I “took it apart” was to test fit a prototype KRG chassis to help beta test it… and a couple of times taking action out of chassis for cleaning after shooting in dusty areas. And never took apart beyond removing barreled action from chassis to clean. Re. taking some things apart: “Why break in to jail?”

Reactions: silentheart
@samupin
20220427_175220.jpg

MC6S M6×25 12.8 To be specific.

Last edited:
Newton meters… oh you Brits.

It was Inch Pounds when Whitworth created it all. Or Brunel. Or Lord Armstrong. Or Henry Royce.

Ok ok… I’m being a uppity Colonial.

How about we call it Dram-furlongs and be done with it?

Sirhr
😂😂 ... I m from Italy... I 'm not biased..

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
They are definitely metric, my TRG came with a set of metric Allen wrenches.

Its actually good that I saw this thread. I have a used TRG with both the KRG folder and stock rear, however I seem to be missing the part on the stock rear that the top action screw threads into. I am guessing it is that flat piece of metal shown on the left above?

Its actually good that I saw this thread. I have a used TRG with both the KRG folder and stock rear, however I seem to be missing the part on the stock rear that the top action screw threads into. I am guessing it is that flat piece of metal shown on the left above?
I dont know about the KRG stock since I only have the KRG folder attached to my TRG, but that piece of metal is what is used to "pinch"/attach the rear stock to the rail.

I dont know about the KRG stock since I only have the KRG folder attached to my TRG, but that piece of metal is what is used to "pinch"/attach the rear stock to the rail.

Then that is the piece I am missing to use my factory rear stock. Now I just gotta find a source for one.

In all seriousness have you tried emailing SAKO directly? You could even use Google translate to ask it in Finnish.

In all seriousness have you tried emailing SAKO directly? You could even use Google translate to ask it in Finnish.
Sako is horrible about answering emails. Or at least they are for me. It’s been months since I asked a question about a quad barrel with no response.

Try here. I think they are Sakos/ beretta US repair facility in the Midwest. They have helped me find parts before. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/ssearch.html?Search=Sako

Yeah not surprising just a random idea.

Would also add Euro Optic they have great CS and that is where I bought my TRG from years ago.

M6 x WHAT THREAD ?
It would be listed as something like M6 x 1.0 x 25mm long
12.8 is the bolt strength
Could be M6 x 1.0 or M6 x 1.25....???
BTW, without seeing more of the pic it certainly looks like the bolt you have there is 20mm long, not 25
Unless specified, standard. M-thread, this size, std or fine. Fine is specified.
Yes.
No.
MC6S screws length are defined by free shank length. Typo? Pic should provide more than enough info...

If you lost your action screws (!!??!!) look up an exploded diagram and order new ones from Beretta USA. They have excellent customer service.

I hear horror stories about dealing with the mothership. When I bought my 686 Sporting from Cole Gunsmithing they told me to talk to them first (they are a Beretta-authorized service center) and that they would deal with the mothership if needed. I was told that was MUCH easier for the customer.

@samupin If I was you I would call the three service centers that deal with Beretta Group-made rifles and ask for the screws: https://www.beretta.com/en-us/customer-service/find-a-service-center/
  • Bolsa Gunsmithing
  • Midwest Gun Works
  • Gunsmithing LTD

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I hear horror stories about dealing with the mothership. When I bought my 686 Sporting from Cole Gunsmithing they told me to talk to them first (they are a Beretta-authorized service center) and that they would deal with the mothership if needed. I was told that was MUCH easier for the customer.

@samupin If I was you I would call the three service centers that deal with Beretta Group-made rifles and ask for the screws: https://www.beretta.com/en-us/customer-service/find-a-service-center/
  • Bolsa Gunsmithing
  • Midwest Gun Works
  • Gunsmithing LTD
What @308pirate said. I had an issue with my TRG's trigger. Tried emailing Sako several times, and left several messages with Beretta. No response to any of my messages.

I live relatively close to Bolsa Gunsmithing (authorized repair center), so I called them with my issue. Dropped the TRG off with them and it was fixed in a couple of days.

Reactions: 308pirate
What @308pirate said. I had an issue with my TRG's trigger. Tried emailing Sako several times, and left several messages with Beretta. No response to any of my messages.

I live relatively close to Bolsa Gunsmithing (authorized repair center), so I called them with my issue. Dropped the TRG off with them and it was fixed in a couple of days.
Somewhere I have a card from the Sako/Beretta Rep. Met him at PRE. If you are having trouble, let me know and I can try and dig his card or e-mail out. Good guy. Former SF. He is the 'gets things done' type.

It's always 'who you know ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: enichols
Somewhere I have a card from the Sako/Beretta Rep. Met him at PRE. If you are having trouble, let me know and I can try and dig his card or e-mail out. Good guy. Former SF. He is the 'gets things done' type.

It's always 'who you know ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr
Thank you Sir, much appreciated! My TRG has been flawless since having the trigger issue fixed, but would not mind having the contact in any case.

Oh gosh...may apologies for the much belated response...I have been stuck out of the country and just getting back....
I greatly appreciate everyone's response on here!!!!
I will look into the responses after I get my stuff out of storage.....
Amazing gratitude for your help!!!
Many Thanks!!!

@enichols - will contact Bolsa
@sirhrmechanic ---- yes, if you have the contact for the SAKO, please message me
@308pirate - will contact one of the three smiths
@CerebralDistortion - where is that part diagram from; telephone number to order the fasteners (SP# is S5740265)
@TapRackBang
@Jrb572 - yes its a bad response from SAKO or Bretta :(
@SquarePizza
@Johnerz
@n2ishun
@silentheart - yes i'll take a photo when I can get my baby back

Oh gosh...may apologies for the much belated response...I have been stuck out of the country and just getting back....
I greatly appreciate everyone's response on here!!!!
I will look into the responses after I get my stuff out of storage.....
Amazing gratitude for your help!!!
Many Thanks!!!

@enichols - will contact Bolsa
@sirhrmechanic ---- yes, if you have the contact for the SAKO, please message me
@308pirate - will contact one of the three smiths
@CerebralDistortion - where is that part diagram from; telephone number to order the fasteners (SP# is S5740265)
@TapRackBang
@Jrb572 - yes its a bad response from SAKO or Bretta :(
@SquarePizza
@Johnerz
@n2ishun
@silentheart - yes i'll take a photo when I can get my baby back
Part diagram is from sako.fi support section. Spare part and accessories brochures are available for download (not always complete though).

If you want to call and order, contact your local Beretta dealer (possibly Beretta online but I doubt it).