• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Savage 110 308 LA

Fomoco123

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2022
Washington
Need help recently purchased a mdt chassis for this gun now returning it because I'm being told won't work. I have a savage 110 308 staggerfeed Long Action top bolt release, non axis, mounting bolts for action are just over 5" apart on center. Does anyone no of a way to modify chassis to work? Or a company that makes one? Thanks all

Attachments

• 20220113_113111.jpg
    20220113_113111.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 61
My savage 110 in 308, 6.5 crdm. 6mm. and my 223 are all S/A ? They are in mdt chassis as well.

I have several Savages, 12FV in .308, an Axis in both 6.5 CM and .308 and an Axis in 30-06. Was told that long actions start with 30-06, and CM and .308 are all short actions, regardless of rifle brands....

Yes this picture shows my exact spacing. But being it's a 308 chambered in LA, MDT says this though "It will physically fit into the Savage LA inlet however you are not going to be able to use a magazine in the chassis"

Doesn’t the mdt uses aics mags. If so you can feed 308 through a long action mag with a little adjustment.

Why wouldn’t long action 30-06 AI mags work?
On the old 11X series they were all long actions but the receiver bottom isn't cut for the longest cartridge it will take.
You can see it in his pic with the internal magazine liner.

I don't think it is impossible to modify one, just don't know anyone who offers the work.

On the old 11X series they were all long actions but the receiver bottom isn't cut for the longest cartridge it will take.
You can see it in his pic with the internal magazine liner.

I don't think it is impossible to modify one, just don't know anyone who offers the work.
So it really needs an inlet with something like tikka LA length mags.

Right or some sort of mag well spacer/adapter to allow shorter length mags to fit.

IIRC everything was long action from around when they filed for bankruptcy in 1988 lasting to 1998 when they started calling short actions Model 10, 12 etc.

I have 112 in .223 that is a long action but with the .308 size cut out, the magazine liner has a spacer in the back and lips sized and positioned for .223

This is good info guys. Exactly what I'm trying to figure out. I see that people have just placed there action into the chassis and scribed the area on the receiver that needs to removed. Then cut area out. Just nothing about how to accommodate the mag at that point.

The MDT use the AICS 3.715" length mags for Savage long actions.
The cut in the receiver would be to allow the top of the mag and feed lips to present into the action. The mag is held in place by the chassis.

Where you are getting into the unknown is how much to cut and if that length .30-06 mag will work as is or can be modified to feed .308

With a DBM the receiver doesn't need the cuts to hold the liner like yours has, it needs the clearance for the top of the mag to present the cartridge.

Doesn’t the mdt uses aics mags. If so you can feed 308 through a long action mag with a little adjustment.

The MDT use the AICS 3.715" length mags for Savage long actions.
The cut in the receiver would be to allow the top of the mag and feed lips to present into the action. The mag is held in place by the chassis.

Where you are getting into the unknown is how much to cut and if that length .30-06 mag will work as is or can be modified to feed .308

With a DBM the receiver doesn't need the cuts to hold the liner like yours has, it needs the clearance for the top of the mag to present the cartridge.
So If I'm understanding what your saying. I would most likely not have to modify the receiver all that much. More just figuring out how to modify the mag?

Oh no, it's going to require cutting the bottom of the receiver quite a bit.
It may be worth your while to buy one of the .30-06 AICS mags so you can see where you need to cut.

Reactions: Fomoco123
Would you have any idea where I would get some info on performing such an adjustment?

When my HS stock on my eurooptic m24 (long action 300 R700) broke, I looked into just dropping it into a KRG Whiskey. When I called KRG, they said I could just run a 3006 AICS Mag. I saw a thread on another website ( I forget where) where a guy was running a long action 308 using 3006 mags. You might have to just adjust the feed lips to make it feed. YMMV, I didn't go with the KRG but just ordered another HS precision and am still waiting on it. Kinda wished I would have just ordered the KRG.