• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dr. Davy Jones

After those 1st round hits
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2020
Maine
I need the assistance of the scattergun crowd for this question-

I bought a nice used Remington 1100 LT 20 gauge barrel for cheap to flip. I sold it for a good price but the guy who bought it returned it, claiming it had been modified on the receiver end and didn’t fit his Rem 1100. He showed me pictures. Sure enough, I could see he was right when compared to his old barrel. The receiver end has been cut shorter than normal. I felt bad because I had no idea you could do this or why you would.

In short, I want to sell it again but need to know what it is now compatible with so I can accurately describe it. Is anyone able to tell from looking at these pictures? Thanks-

A2ACC783-8710-4A67-912E-948A9E57AF35.jpeg
48FB408B-455C-422C-8C30-6906ED38C22F.jpeg
B0C504F1-AC23-4F5D-93BF-29D937D589B1.jpeg

I bought a nice used Remington 1100 LT 20 gauge barrel for cheap to flip. I sold it for a good price but the guy who bought it returned it, claiming it had been modified on the receiver end and didn’t fit his Rem 1100. He showed me pictures. Sure enough, I could see he was right when compared to his old barrel. The receiver end has been cut shorter than normal. I felt bad because I had no idea you could do this or why you would.

In short, I want to sell it again but need to know what it is now compatible with so I can accurately describe it. Is anyone able to tell from looking at these pictures? Thanks-

View attachment 7607733View attachment 7607735View attachment 7607736
Sad to say but I think it’s a tomatoes stake at this point. I have zero idea why anybody would cut off a barrel extension like that and have zero idea what it is for.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Odd, it looks shorter than normal- almost like an 870 barrel.... and also like someone was doing an ejector replacement with the wrong tools or a wobbly hand. Numrich gun parts might be helpful in finding the right replacement barrel or as a reference for what you have. What doe the barrel markings look like?

Odd, it looks shorter than normal- almost like an 870 barrel.... and also like someone was doing an ejector replacement with the wrong tools or a wobbly hand. Numrich gun parts might be helpful in finding the right replacement barrel or as a reference for what you have. What doe the barrel markings look like?
79C6CFE9-D0B2-4629-B65E-BD0BBFCE3DAB.jpeg

It says for 2 3/4” shells. Is it possible the mod was to make it shoot 3”?

There are 3 barrels for Remington 1100 20ga’s. Standard 20 1100, 1100 LW, and the 1100 Lt. the 3 do not interchange

@Dr. Davy Jones

From Midwest Gunworks

20 ga 1100 LT Barrel. Clearly the barrel extension is MUCH longer than show on your barrel.

1618877926262.png

This is an 870 barrel. Pretty good match.

1618878145014.png

And from same site for 870 illustrated parts break down

1618878228312.png

And they do/did? make LT barrels for the light weight frame in 20 ga

I'm sorry to say that I have to agree with @Texasflyer (well, without the LOL) that you got sold an 870 barrel and may want to take it up with the seller.

Sucks, eh?

I'm not an 1100 guy but I believe that the reason for the long barrel extension on them, and just about every other semi-auto shotgun, is that they are gas operated and the extension protects the aluminum receiver. Not needed on an 870 pump which says in battery until after the shot when the shooter cycles it manually.

If there are any Rem shotgun gurus around, they may well correct me on this.

Cheers

Reactions: Texasflyer
....that Guy molested the barrel extension with a crude rotary tool. It's hideous in its present form. Not worthy to be a
fire pit tool at this time. Cease & desist the notion that it will ever be a proper barrel to use.

It's an LW barrel extension. I had a machinist fit an LT to mine to get the fully rifled slug barrel.
1618884763768.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
@Dr. Davy Jones

From Midwest Gunworks

20 ga 1100 LT Barrel. Clearly the barrel extension is MUCH longer than show on your barrel.

View attachment 7608030

This is an 870 barrel. Pretty good match.

View attachment 7608034

And from same site for 870 illustrated parts break down

View attachment 7608035

And they do/did? make LT barrels for the light weight frame in 20 ga

I'm sorry to say that I have to agree with @Texasflyer (well, without the LOL) that you got sold an 870 barrel and may want to take it up with the seller.

Sucks, eh?

I'm not an 1100 guy but I believe that the reason for the long barrel extension on them, and just about every other semi-auto shotgun, is that they are gas operated and the extension protects the aluminum receiver. Not needed on an 870 pump which says in battery until after the shot when the shooter cycles it manually.

If there are any Rem shotgun gurus around, they may well correct me on this.

Cheers
The reason for the different length tangs has to do with the ejector. On the long ones, the ejector is part of the barrel extension. On the short ones, it's riveted into the receiver.

View attachment 7607733View attachment 7607735View attachment 7607736
If it's got screw in chokes, I'm interested.

Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
Thanks for the replies everyone. Very helpful info. @Maxduty it does take screw in chokes. I’ll send you a PM with more info on it.