• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

HELP! SR-25 ER urxIII barrel threading

2680fps

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2013
Request for help guys. Just received a call from my gunsmith that he can't tackle the removal of the URX rail and KAC barrel nut. Never mind that he has had the upper for close to three months........

My understanding is that KAC only releases their barrel nut wrench to KAC qualified smiths?
What can I do to get this thing threaded so it can accept a can?
Any recommendations where to go with this?

Pisses me off that I have had this rifle 3 months and haven't even been able take it to the range.
Thanks,

operation parts dot com usually have it and it is not for limited to KAC certified smiths. it is just pricey. good luck!

I just returned to from Operations Parts website to see what that tool looked like. Seems to me that a good gunsmith could make this tool without too much trouble.

Probably not going to want to hear this, but if hes clueless on this you might want a new smith. It sounds like its going to cost too much to make it worth it. Just my 2 cents, have to see what he says.

Another smith who has extensive experience with Knight products is Marvin Pitts ([email protected]) who is a former Knights employee.

He upgraded my SR15 IWS to a 3.1 URX rail and did an outstanding job.

Paul

Thanks guys. You all were right so I picked up the upper and am trying to find a good, reputable smith that can accommodate. Have reached out to operation parts and mile high to see if either can. So far, no response. We'll see.