• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HELP: Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint T-2 on Unity Tactical Fast Micro Mounts…Which one Prefered??

cschastain2

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    Fort Worth Texas
    I was going to get an Aimpoint T-2 for a Unity Tactical Fast Micro Mount and I learned they are coming out with a Fast Mount for the Trijicon MRO! I may have to go with the MRO and the new MRO Fast Mount now?

Unity Tactical is Great and I love all of their innovative solutions/products!

Unity Tactical Fast Micro Mount:

I don’t have extensive experience with either the MRO vs T-2. Which of the two Red-Dots do you guys like the best and why? FOV, use with NV, Reticle, Battery life etc ??

None of my Local Shops have both.

Thanks for your input!!

I tried them both, and at one time owned several MRO's. Now all I have in RDS are Sig Romeo 4T's. Great RDS!!!

What kind of firearm is this for? I’m assuming for an AR15. Are you partial to a red dot over a holographic?

Will be used on a KAC SR-15 5.56 and a second one will be on KAC SR-30 .300 Blackout for target shooting and under Night Vision Hogs within 200 yards.

I’ve got an Eotech Holographic and an Elcan on other AR type (15/.300 BO) guns…These, I’m going to go with the MRO or T-2…Just trying to get you guys input on their preferences between those two RDS?

I really appreciate your comments…

Thanks

Perhaps review this thread. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/which-aimpoint.7092966/#post-9732258

My specific thoughts are contained in the above thread. In summary the T2 is the better choice. If you are using the RDS correctly the FOV is a non issue. The parallax is much worse on the MRO. I can’t comment on NV. There is no real reticle, just a dot. The T2 dot is better to my eye. The MRO does have a bit of blue tint and mild distortion. Battery life is very good on both optics. The ambi control with the off position between 3 and 4 is more convenient than the AP. The glass is better on the T2. YMMV.

Cheers, Steve

Perhaps review this thread. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/which-aimpoint.7092966/#post-9732258

My specific thoughts are contained in the above thread. In summary the T2 is the better choice. If you are using the RDS correctly the FOV is a non issue. The parallax is much worse on the MRO. I can’t comment on NV. There is no real reticle, just a dot. The T2 dot is better to my eye. The MRO does have a bit of blue tint and mild distortion. Battery life is very good on both optics. The ambi control with the off position between 3 and 4 is more convenient than the AP. The glass is better on the T2. YMMV.

Cheers, Steve
    Good solid

thanks

For what you’re looking to do with the gun I’d take a hard look at either the EOTech EXPS3 or the Vortex Huey AMG Gen 2. I have both and prefer the Huey. You just can’t beat a holographic for fast acquisition of running hogs under 200yds. They Huey is a tank. Suprised more people haven’t caught on.
    BFA4F824-8786-496A-B2A8-9F8F4A19FE99.jpeg