• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

HELP: Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint T-2 on Unity Tactical Fast Micro Mounts…Which one Prefered??

cschastain2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    Fort Worth Texas
    I was going to get an Aimpoint T-2 for a Unity Tactical Fast Micro Mount and I learned they are coming out with a Fast Mount for the Trijicon MRO! I may have to go with the MRO and the new MRO Fast Mount now?

Unity Tactical is Great and I love all of their innovative solutions/products!

Unity Tactical Fast Micro Mount:

I don’t have extensive experience with either the MRO vs T-2. Which of the two Red-Dots do you guys like the best and why? FOV, use with NV, Reticle, Battery life etc ??

None of my Local Shops have both.

Thanks for your input!!

I’ve got an Eotech Holographic and an Elcan on other AR type (15/.300 BO) guns…These, I’m going to go with the MRO or T-2…Just trying to get you guys input on their preferences between those two RDS?

I really appreciate your comments…

Thanks

Perhaps review this thread. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/which-aimpoint.7092966/#post-9732258

My specific thoughts are contained in the above thread. In summary the T2 is the better choice. If you are using the RDS correctly the FOV is a non issue. The parallax is much worse on the MRO. I can’t comment on NV. There is no real reticle, just a dot. The T2 dot is better to my eye. The MRO does have a bit of blue tint and mild distortion. Battery life is very good on both optics. The ambi control with the off position between 3 and 4 is more convenient than the AP. The glass is better on the T2. YMMV.

Cheers, Steve

Perhaps review this thread. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/which-aimpoint.7092966/#post-9732258

My specific thoughts are contained in the above thread. In summary the T2 is the better choice. If you are using the RDS correctly the FOV is a non issue. The parallax is much worse on the MRO. I can’t comment on NV. There is no real reticle, just a dot. The T2 dot is better to my eye. The MRO does have a bit of blue tint and mild distortion. Battery life is very good on both optics. The ambi control with the off position between 3 and 4 is more convenient than the AP. The glass is better on the T2. YMMV.

Cheers, Steve
    Good solid

thanks

For what you’re looking to do with the gun I’d take a hard look at either the EOTech EXPS3 or the Vortex Huey AMG Gen 2. I have both and prefer the Huey. You just can’t beat a holographic for fast acquisition of running hogs under 200yds. They Huey is a tank. Suprised more people haven’t caught on.
    BFA4F824-8786-496A-B2A8-9F8F4A19FE99.jpeg