• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HELP! US Optics SR-8C red dot not working.

MisterMoad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2012
Dayton, OH
www.facebook.com
I just got a brand new US Optics delivered to my front door.
I took out the scope and was so pumped...
until the red dot didn't work.

I figured the battery must be dead so I ran out and got a new battery.
Still nothing.

Am I retarded? This is my first US Optics scope so I may be missing something.
The instructions just said to depress the power button, then adjust brightness.
I've tried every combination of the three buttons and NOTHING.

Do I need to get a hold of USO, or am I missing something.
Thanks,
Johnny

Is the polarity of the inserted batter as noted in the instructions? Or is It backward?

Already got an email back from USO.
They're having me send it to them via pre paid shipping.
I'm still pretty bummed it didn't work straight out of the box, but no complaints here regarding customer service.

it should just turn on with the power button. Id Call. that sucks, good luck let us know how they handle it.

Just got off the phone with Ashot at US Optics. He was very apologetic and is taking care of my issue in a way I hadn't expected.
He said that more likely than not a wire got pinched somewhere in the scope body so it would require a replacement. (Not sure how that got past QC, but it's being taken care of so no big.) He emailed me a pre-paid UPS label to ship my scope back, and is sending a brand new SR8-C second day air tomorrow sight-unseen.
One of the reasons I went with US Optics was their customer service and I couldn't be happier with that decision. Even though it didn't work straight out of the box, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend US Optics to anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MisterMoad,

Did you already send the scope back? If not call me. More than likely its your circuit board and theres no need to send the scope back. Its rare but it does happen. I'm at extension 207.

Thanks,

MisterMoad,

Did you already send the scope back? If not call me. More than likely its your circuit board and theres no need to send the scope back. Its rare but it does happen. I'm at extension 207.

Thanks,

Thanks Jason, I got your voicemail and Becky sent me an email detailing how you were fixing the problem.
Thanks for taking care of this so promptly.

MisterMoad,

Thanks,

Jason,
I got the rheostat in the mail monday and that fixed the problem.
Thanks for all your help.

MisterMoad,

I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue without you having to mail the scope back.