• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Help with a new 22 can

Roadwild17

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Central East Texas
Hey guys Im in the market for a new can in the remfire range. Im planing on runing it on a 22/45 factory threaded barrel and a 10/22 tactical.

First questions: What can? Im looking for something that is
Life time
Quite
East to clean
Light
FA rated (doubt it will see FA, but 22 is cheap and it may see some heavy rapid semi auto fun)
I could care less about 5.7, 22wmr, or whatever other super remfire rounds are out there, if a 22lr cant do it, Ill bring a bigger gun. Its mostly for fun & possibly poping a few aggravating squires eating my tomatoes. I dont need the best, but I want a good quality can.

Im thinking Silencer Co sparrow or AAC prodigy (the swr specter is a little heavy, but built like a tank)

Now for the host:
Is there anywhere that sells 22/45 and 10/22 builds using tactical solutions uppers & barrels. I just cant bring myself to drop a $250 barrel on a $200 10/22.

I know the buckmark has a following for a host, but I cant find a threaded barrel version, are all these people changing the upper / barrel?

Last, what about first round pop on a .22 can, what causes it?
This first round pop, is it like the first round after cleaning, first round in a string of rounds?

Re: Help with a new 22 can

FWIW, I have a Tac-Sol Paclite upper on a Ruger MKIII frame. I haven't used anything other than the SWR Spectre, but whatever it weighs can't be overly noticeable as compared to others. I haven't compared raw numbers, but the Spectre isn't rediculous heavy.

In numbers alone the spectre (8.5 oz) and sparow (6.5 oz) are more than twice the weight of the prodigy (3.6oz). Their physical sizes are with and inch in length and their sound reduction capabilities are about the same. It maybe a better comparison if I look at the AAC element then they would all be true multi caliber cans, ( more apples to apples comparison also)
But according to my list that is something I do not care about.

At this point I believe the price / avability is gonna be the deciding factor in which can I go with

Our Checkmate II weighs 5 ounces and is modular in terms of mounting systems (QD or Thread mount).

Any of the products should last for life with occasional cleaning.