• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help with chest rigs or battle belt??

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
I getting ready to buy a new chest rig or combat belt? need some help

<span style="color: #FF0000">MOVED TO EQUIPMENT SECTION</span>

Re: help with chest rigs or battle belt??

Check out the TAG split front, easier to get on and off (this is important as you age!) and much more comfortable to be able to split front when prone!

TAG Gear

I really like that split front. That is a really good idea. I am glad you took the time to post that. Us old timers can't find our way through all this new modern gear.

This is the decade of the soldier. Was a time when only Grunts and Mercs cared about this stuff. Now it seems like half the USA is armed and dressed for war.

Check out "Tactical Tailor" in Lakewood, WA

Look at the BDS Tactical Modular Operators Chest Rig; they are GREAT!

Checked out these taco mag pouches and I am very impressed. I was looking at ITW Fastmag for my pistol mags on my belt but I have changed my mind.

Anyone using ITW Fastmags? Speak up please.

Looking for a new good dump pouch now. Looking at Marz and the Emdom so far. Didn't like the maxpedition, but I am all ears

we have high speed gear plate carriers. they are top notch.

So I am really liking the zip up the center on the chest rig, but I want to configure my own rig with tacos or fasmags so I found this chest rig Eagle Multi-Purpose All-Molle Chest Rig

Really looks nice.

I also found these nice pistol mags and rifle mags that are snug have magnets inside, no loops on the top. Reasonable too. By TAG or Tactical Tailor

Anyone use these magnetic pistol mags?

I am going to a tactical pistol training class and I need to get some mag holders for my belt.

What is your intended usage?
For myself, a civilian, for training classes, I like to stick with belt setup since the less stuff you wear the more comfortable you are.
The only time I would think of a chest rig is when I would have to carry more ammo than I can hold on my belt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.81star</div><div class="ubbcode-body">never used anything like this but if I was buying this would be my choice:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-03-Mo...%20mulitcam.htm </div></div>

That site needs to change their name to OOS.

Stock Status:(Out of Stock)

Fkn A it needs to change it's name. Everything is out of stock! Everything I liked was OOS, but I finally found something. I wonder what will arrive? The

I ended up with a Esstac Chest Rig, Bush Boar A1 (Split Front). I had to buy the hydration carrier and the padded harness to add on to use a hydration carrier, but that is OK. I wanted a basic chest rig, but with SDK, they never having anything in stock I got what I could, while I could. I really was looking for something with a zipper up the front. I got tired of hauling off my POS vest and adjusting fit right with my armor. So I got a Christmas present early...

It is a nice rig and allowed me to swap out the M4 pouches for M14 pouches. I added on the ESSTAC wedge inserts that are supposed to keep the mags in with out bungees. We will see. Ended up being an expensive piece of kit, but I am tired of running with my cheap crap. It is falling apart.

I was tempted to buy this Condor Tactical Gear Modular Chest Set at LAPoliceGear.com where I get most of my clothing on sale. For only $47 with a hydration carrier and the pockets stretching to accept M14 mags it looked good. With a zipper in the front is was all I needed, but I didn't want to be married to a huge vest when all I need is a chest rig. You pay for what you get and I have already been down that road.

To answer your question, I have a bunch of instruction coming up I needed to get some new kit. I ended up dying of thirst and borrowing water bottles from guys while I was reloading mags. Not this year