• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with drag bag for AR-15

sawman556

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2012
Bucks County, PA USA
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas??? I have my 4 year old grandson for the week, so I am a happy man!!!

Anyway, I am looking for a drag bag for my AR-15. I'm looking at the Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case 42" and the Tac Ops small. I want something that will fit my 18" SPR and not be too large for a 14.5". Do you think my 14.5" will be too small and be all weird like in the bag? I also want the shoulder straps and shooting mat. Seems it comes with the Tac Ops and is extra with the Triad making them comparable in price. However the mat for the Triad does not fit inside the bag. Which is a better shooting mat to begin with? I'm also looking for something that that isn't overly cumbersome for quick range trips or too small for when I bug-out to my camp. What do you all think?

The first place I found that showed the TacOps Small (44") bag in stock (multicam) listed them at $365.00. This includes the bag, shoulder straps and shooting mat.

Triad 42" bag in Multicam is $195.86
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case
Shoulder Straps in Multicam are $32.00
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Backpack Shoulder Straps
Triad shooting mat in Multicam is $95.00

I get $322.86 for Multicam and $296.90 if you go for a solid color.

And the shooting mat will fit in the front pocket.

Triad Tactical Precision Rifle Carry Case Review - YouTube

Last edited:
Gotta have multicam!!!:) Do you think the bag will be all floppy like with my 14.5"???

megaP11.jpg

My buddy has a nice Voodoo Tactical drag bag for his Desert Tactical. Not sure how much he paid but it was a lot less then 365.