• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help with Loopy value

Rokchukrslave

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2002
Beaverton, OR
Hey guys, I've been away from the precision rifle for awhile now and was trying to find out the value of my scope.
I remember it as a VX-III 8.5-25X LR M1 with mil-dot reticle. When I do a search, everything that comes up is a MK-4. The suffix it L which makes it made in 2003 before Leupold started calling everything a MK-4 other than the original MK-4's.
Mine is a rear focal plane.
With all the new whiz-bang scopes out there, does this model retain any value?
Edited to add a pic:
xcrifle.jpg

Re: Help with Loopy value

I purchased a Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x50mm Tactical LR mildot reticle M1 knobs in pretty good shape, meaning it had normal wear and slight ring marks last year with the same suffix (L), these were pre Mark4 but more or less the same scope. I give $800 shipped for it. I'm not saying your scope is worth more or less just trying to give you an idea of what the value might be.

Re: Help with Loopy value

I just picked up a used vx3 8.5-25x50 with tdr reticle, rings and bc caps for 750.