• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help with random Blem mark that randomly appeared inside SWFA scope

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Greetings scope experts! Kindly hoping someone here might be able to advise me on a scope issue that is currently bothering me. I was out shooting my B14 6.5 earlier today and was using my SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 which I have owned for several years. As usual scope worked great, I shot past 1000 and came home happy. However when I got home I noticed a peculiar circle blemish inside my scope tube (upper right hand side). Initially i thought maybe my scope lens was dirty so I gave it a good careful cleaning. Unfortunately, the circle is still there, this has never happened before. The circle is small and see thorough and is semi visible in the upper right hand corner of the attached pic (the best pic I could get sorry). I love this scope as it has served me super well for several years, is tough as a tank, easy to use. That said, no idea what this blemish or circle in my scope tube is.

Would appreciate any thoughts or advice. Doubt it would affect overall performance, but it does not seem right and I would like to get rid of this little random circle id possible. Hope I do not have to send it back to SWFA thought I have read that they at least are solid with warranty stuff. Let me know your thoughts and thank you in advance!

-eugevita

Attachments

• swfa inner mark.jpg
    swfa inner mark.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 129
Similar thing happened to my fixed SS 10X42, it's just some dirt, fleck of anodizing, or something that fell on one of the internal lenses, it's a cosmetic deficiency. When I contacted them about sending my scope back they were understanding and cooperative, it was indicated they'd send me a replacement once they got it in to inspect it, it's likely they'll do the same with yours. That being said it looks like just about every model is on backorder on their website so you'd be at the mercy of their supply chain if you sent your optic in and started waiting on a replacement. When I called them my scope was about six years old so I'd keep shooting it until their supply chain catches back up and then give them a call about taking care of it.

Reactions: eugevita
Similar thing happened to my fixed SS 10X42, it's just some dirt, fleck of anodizing, or something that fell on one of the internal lenses, it's a cosmetic deficiency. When I contacted them about sending my scope back they were understanding and cooperative, it was indicated they'd send me a replacement once they got it in to inspect it, it's likely they'll do the same with yours. That being said it looks like just about every model is on backorder on their website so you'd be at the mercy of their supply chain if you sent your optic in and started waiting on a replacement. When I called them my scope was about six years old so I'd keep shooting it until their supply chain catches back up and then give them a call about taking care of it.

Thank you for this info! will give them a call! Overall I think you are likely spot on in your analysis!

Well another day at the range...fired around 100 rounds. For most of the time the circle was there though it did not affect function. That said at the end of the session either I was tired and not seeing well or the circle was gone. Strange stuff. That said, I did try the phone book attack on scope method this morning, so thanks for that lol

I do the phone book trick on one of my SWFA's every time it's off the rifle. Over many rounds it builds up a bunch of debris around the outside of the image. It works, but it doesn't inspire confidence. Eventually I'll send it back.

Reactions: eugevita