• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help with SIG SSG 3000

Daniel Hall

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2012
UP of Michigan
Can anyone tell me if barrel extensions are available for the SSG 3000? I would like to fit other barrels to my rifle. Can barrels be purchased from Europe at better prices than from SIG USA? Also are the STR-200 stocks available anywhere? Thanks, Dan

I believe importing barrels from Europe is either against their export law or so cost prohibitive that it's not worth it. I remember a poster who mentioned there was a machinist over there (possibly in Denmark?) who would sell barrel extensions that you could use with a standard rifle barrel to fit the SSG3k action. Border barrels might also be able to help you with this. I haven't seen any STR-200 stocks, but if you are interested you can ring up McMillan and have them make their SSG stock for you. It is a variant of the A-3 with an adjustable cheek, spacer system, Anschutz rail, and sling studs. Runs about $900.

i'm really hoping Sig sees strong enough sales in the US to start offering more items for the SSG here. i did see that Palmetto is now out of stock on them, so they seem to be moving. would love to put a 22LR barrel on mine, but not willing to pay $1600 for the one on Gunbroker.

I've been trying to buy a couple of barrel adapters all year from Border barrels with no luck. They were sold in June. I think maybe a group buy might get their attention?