• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Help with xmas gift

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey all, so I'm having trouble deciding what to get my father in law for Christmas this year. He's an avid hunter, and we do some long range shooting, but he doesn't do comps or anything like that. I've narrowed it down to 2 things he both needs and wants.

1) Sig kilo rangefinder
    2) Vortex Fury rangefinder binos

Now here's my dilemma and my case for each one:

For the Sig kilo, he broke his old range finder last hunting trip we took so he definitely needs a replacement. I just don't want him to feel like now he can't get ranging binos because then the Sig won't get used.

And for the Fury, he's always wanted a pair of rangefinder binos, but the problem is that he has a great pair of top of the line Leica binos already so I'm worried the step down in glass to the Fury might be a little much, just to get the ranging option. (And he's not a glass snob but definitely knows good glass when he sees it. He's got a kahles on all his rifles)

I know he really wants the Leica rangefinder binos, but I can't afford those right now at nearly $2500.

Any thoughts you guys might have would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you pull the trigger on the Fury you should take a look at the Nikon LaserForce 10x42 #16212, which is a very similar design, however, IMO a better unit

Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss it.

Doug
    Camera Land

Before you pull the trigger on the Fury you should take a look at the Nikon LaserForce 10x42 #16212, which is a very similar design, however, IMO a better unit

Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss it.

Doug
    Camera Land

i need a new rangefinder too and i've been back and forth from crf 2700 for its ranging capabilities and the fury for it's convenience;
    in your opinion what make the laser force a better option than the fury?ranging capability ,laser beam size(i'm a varminter),warranty, ruggedness?

thank you for your help!

i need a new rangefinder too and i've been back and forth from crf 2700 for its ranging capabilities and the fury for it's convenience;
    in your opinion what make the laser force a better option than the fury?ranging capability ,laser beam size(i'm a varminter),warranty, ruggedness?

thank you for your help!

IMO, The Nikon is optically superior and the overall feel in my hands felt somewhat finer constructed.

Thank you for your continued support.
    If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
    Doug
    Camera Land
    720 Old Bethpage Rd
    Old Bethpage NY 11804
    516-217-1000
    Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com

Doug, thanks for the input. Do you by chance still have any of the older Leica’s for sale?

Doug, thanks for the input. Do you by chance still have any of the older Leica’s for sale?

Please give us a call. They've been popping up from time to time and we can take your info and call you when the next one is available

Thank you for your continued support.
    If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
    Doug
    Camera Land
    720 Old Bethpage Rd
    Old Bethpage NY 11804
    516-217-1000
    Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com

Op, give Jason at Euro Optics a call, I'll bet he can do way better than $2500 on those. A good friend just did last week. Maybe just a black Friday special that he got but it would be worth checking out.