• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with @yerrowsniper Estate

Will Liang

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2024
Cumming GA
I hope all is well, people. i recently joined this forum after finding out that my brother was a huge fan of precision shooting. I was hoping this community can help me get them priced accordingly as I am trying manage his estate. Any help or comment on the sheet would be appreciated. Thank you.

You need to become a supporter on the site to sell items here. Also they need to be sold in the PX.

Some nice items. Which are new vs. used and if used condition would help. Sorry for your loss.

Some nice items. Which are new vs. used and if used condition would help. Sorry for your loss.
so they are 90% used. What I was going to do for my sister-in-law was to list everything. once id have the date i would take 15-25% off MSRP and sell it that way. but at the moment, I am not even sure what they are or worth. i tried pulling some old invoices, but i cant find it all. any help is appreciated. and if i am breaking any rules, ill take the post off.

So can you explain the prices already on your list? Some of them are to the right of the description and some are in the left column? A lot of these you can google the description you have and see retail prices. Holy crap just realized you can scroll the list that's a lot of stuff.

So can you explain the prices already on your list? Some of them are to the right of the description and some are in the left column? A lot of these you can google the description you have and see retail prices. Holy crap just realized you can scroll the list that's a lot of stuff.
those are what i found on google and gun blue book. as far as new prices. those are not selling prices. once i got all my data ill dispose of them accordingly.

I think I would check out the auction site and the PX on this site and review real world prices. And once your data list is complete become a supporter to make the sale.

Interesting for sale ad

Not even.

A non shooter brother looking for help.

@Will Liang
Apologies I havent gotten to this today.
My day went a little more sideways than expected.
I should be able to look at it on a large monitor vs phone early tomorrow and get back to you tomorrow AM.

I will do what I can from CO to help you navigate the PX too.
I have no power here on the Hide, and do like to help folks if I can.
I have some squirrelly brothers who will lend a hand too.

Not even.

A non shooter brother looking for help.

@Will Liang
Apologies I havent gotten to this today.
My day went a little more sideways than expected.
I should be able to look at it on a large monitor vs phone early tomorrow and get back to you tomorrow AM.

I will do what I can from CO to help you navigate the PX too.
I have no power here on the Hide, and do like to help folks if I can.
I have some squirrelly brothers who will lend a hand too.
thanks brother. i think i got most of it, but i think it would help to get a second opinion just to make sure im not selling it too high or too low.

Reactions: powdahound76
All those primers and not a single LRM, gotdam.

You might want to double check your numbers on this one.
It's a $475 rifle brand new and the scope is probably not worth much more than the rifle new either.

826-11853.pdf2000STURM RUGER&CO, INC, 10/22 TAKE DOWN, .22 LR826-11853

The other suggestion I have is on most of the rifles, sell the higher end scopes separately from the rifle for the best overall profit.
Rarely will anyone want that actual scope with the actual rifle.
But someone will probably want the rifle and someone will probably want the scope.

Also just as a note, on some of the things, be prepared that they aren't going to fetch anywhere new retail.
Especially on some of the pistols where there is newer models out or they can be often had below that new.

The other suggestion I have is on most of the rifles, sell the higher end scopes separately from the rifle for the best overall profit.
Rarely will anyone want that actual scope with the actual rifle.
But someone will probably want the rifle and someone will probably want the scope.

Also just as a note, on some of the things, be prepared that they aren't going to fetch anywhere new retail.
Especially on some of the pistols where there is newer models out or they can be often had below that new.
Thanks I was going to explain that to my sister in law but we just don’t have the time or man power to take it off. We may just sell it at a heavy discount

Reactions: Bender
Thanks I was going to explain that to my sister in law but we just don’t have the time or man power to take it off. We may just sell it at a heavy discount

Taking off the scopes to sell separately is really quick and easy.
Just disconnect the scope bases from the rail on the rifles and sell the scopes with the mounts.

We are talking like 10 minutes each if you are extra careful.

Reactions: Im2bent
I’m sorry for your loss.

The suppressors will likely be difficult to sell with legal tax stamp requirements. I’m sure someone with more knowledge n it can help more.

Reactions: Bender
What douche reported this? He's not selling yet, just trying to get help from people to price a large collection of a large variety of guns and accessories. Christ I had to do this for my half-brother when his dad passed. For the rest of you out there keep a spreadsheet for your wife of what you have and what you would sell it for $$$$ if you were to pass.

What douche reported this? He's not selling yet, just trying to get help from people to price a large collection of a large variety of guns and accessories. Christ I had to do this for my half-brother when his dad passed. For the rest of you out there keep a spreadsheet for your wife of what you have and what you would sell it for $$$$ if you were to pass.
its fine. rules are rules and if that admin want me to pay $20 to post for my brother estate so be it. ill just have to find a way to price it out myself

After you become a supporter you can add the pics and other info back to get info on prices but just can’t put up a basic for sale post and start getting PMs and selling. We did receive a report on this post.

That's a low blow to a guy during a hard time.

@Will Liang there are lots of good folks here that are more than happy to help you with setting fair pricing.

Please don't feel that you have to shoulder the heavy load by yourself. I'm sorry for your loss.