• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help zeroing

bjohnson87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2010
Greenville SC
Hey guys I just got my vortex viper from Scott at liberty optics yesterday awesome service I was zeroing it today at the range and at 100 yds to zero I almost am out of left windage adj what am I doing wrong here could it be the scope mounts are not perfect square or mounted wrong I dunno it should have plenty of windage to play with

Re: Help zeroing

Somethings not quite right. Try laying the rifle on its side and putting a level on the side of the receiver. After you have it set up good and level put the level on the side of the scope, the side of the rings may have to suffice and will do the same. If it is perfectly level with the action then there is something wrong with the scope. If it is not level remove the scope and try the same process on the base. This probably isn't the most accurate method but will quickly tell you if there is a problem.