• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Henry .22 rfles

labman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2008
dallas, tx
My kids really want a lever action and I picked up a Henry and thought the action was decent. Has anyone shot one much, any pros/cons on the accuracy and reliability?

Re: Henry .22 rfles

My bud has one with the receiver mounted scope. 100% reliable and even with his terrible vision will do 10 in 1.5"@50 with white box hi vels. I was a bit put off at first
(it's not a 9422) but it just works every time and has sent 100s of gophers to the great beyond.

I bought a H001 used and it is just terrific. It eats anything I feed it and is fun to shoot. 100% reliable. And it's American Made

My Brother Bob did some magazine article evaluations on several of the Henry .22's as they became available (not really sure what mags), bought every one he tested for himself, and is a solid fan of the marque.

Greg

Re: Henry .22 rifles

These are really fine American Made rifles, backed by a company that still knows how to take care of a customer. A pal of mine dropped his H001 out the bottom of a case to the concrete cracking the butt plate and dinging the wood. He knew that he could fill in the dings and with a new butt plate get past this bonehead accident. He emailed Henry to inquire about purchasing a butt plate, and explaining what had occurred. Anthony Emperato(CEO) emailed him, asked for his address, and sent out a new complete stock at no charge. I own two and they are both very accurate with zero drama in thousands of rounds of ammo.

Now that is what I call customer service. My hunting buddy owns one in .17 with a Leupold 2x7 on top and it is just a fine shooting rifle.

I have had a H001 that I sold to my brother wish I still had it, I have a golden boy now that is great but the H001 fit me better just didn't like the front sight.

I was also thinking of buying one. Going rate is 289.00 Has any one used shorts in these? How did they feed and did any jam or do they only work 100% with longrifle. If I picked one up it would be for shooting shorts mostly

I own the H001 and the H001M (22 magnum). Both are outstanding in every regard. Like any gun they have little ticks that can be overcome easily. Many have slightly loose forends and people just use a piece of elctricians tape to fix that. I shoot a lot of shorts in mine and it works perfectly except for one freak circumstance. There is enough room at the back of the loading bay for a spent short casing to fall into the action, causing the lever to lock up. When it happened to me it required removal of the reciever cover and bolt to retrieve the burrowing casing. This happened because I was sitting at a makeshift bench. I held the rifle on it's side, ejection port up, and slowly cycled the action. The casing ejected weakly and fell back into the port, and then down into the action. I've never had any issues at all if I cycled the action normally. Kids might have a tendency to do what I did though, and get caught. Just teach them to hold the gun normally and cycle the action smoothly and no problem. I shoot my Henries more than any rifles I own and LOVE them. The things I've mentioned are the worst things I've seen with mine. The good stuff would take pages. The folks at Henry RAC are as good as it gets for customer support.

Teryx

Although I no longer own my Henry .22mag I can tell you that I back Henry products 100%.

I had one a few years back and used it primarily for hunting jacks and cotton tails. Not only did it shoot flawlessly, but it was accurate to boot.

A few month of HARD shooting and running thousands of rounds through it I had a first round feed issue. I tried to fix it myself, but the little block is a cast piece and for whatever reason I could not figure it out. I called Henry up fully prepared for a battle, LOL.

I left my number and to my surprise not more than 15 minutes later Anthony Emperato called me himself and gave me the return information. I sent it to them the same day and no shit, had it back 2 weeks later. And remember, they are on the opposite side of the country as me. I was not charged a dime either. I would without reservation say that Henry arms is by far one of the most outstanding 100% American companies around and they will continue to get my support!

I've got 4 Henry rifles (2 in .22lr, one in .45LC, and one in 30-30. They are really nice rifles (reliable and accurate)and Henry is an outstanding American manufacturer to deal with. Anthony really stands behind what his company makes. You can't ask for anything more than that. Highly recommended to all!!

Chad