• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt 3.5-26x56

I fingered and pawed this scope at 2012 SHOT, and it was advertised much lower back then. I'm wanting to say $4400-$4600 IIRC. It's one of the most compact, wide magnification range scopes, with world-leading glass on it. It takes optics snobbery to a whole new level, and I thought I was one.

3980 Euro($5300)-Price available in Europe.

Has everyone lost interest in these lol? Just wondering if anyone has one yet or if anyone has them in stock?

-polarcow

No. We don't. Market forces will determine if this scope succeeds or fails. If no one buys, they'll have to consider either lowering price or dropping production altogether. It's not as if, we as consumers don't have other viable choices.

This is the plain truth. In a day where companies like SWFA, Vortex and now Bushnell are producing quality at ever more reasonable price points to the extent it makes the $3k scopes far less bang for your buck in many people's eyes. I see this having more trouble than it would have a few years ago at this price.

This coming from a shooter who has owned PMIIs and now shoots Bushy . . . And functionally, has not missed them yet.
There are people who will jump all over this, but more than ever that will just not be able to reconcile what this actually does for their shooting at 2-3x the price of a less gucci, but entirely functional piece of glass.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

If history is any precedent, they're busy filling government orders at the moment.

I hesitate to provide the link for various reasons, but I just saw a reputable dealer saying his estimated price was MUCH lower - like in HKDave's price range.

My hypothesis is that CST's listing is old when the expected price was closer to 4k, hence the "coming summer 2013." Remember, it was Hensoldt being sold to European defense conglomerate EADS/Cassidian that changed everything.

Considering they said at Shotshow it was now over 7k.........I wouldn't put much faith in CST there.

My hypothesis is that CST's listing is old when the expected price was closer to 4k, hence the "coming summer 2013." Remember, it was Hensoldt being sold to European defense conglomerate EADS/Cassidian that changed everything.

This was another reason I hesitated to post. I had no clue how current the info would be.

Alright, the new 3.5-26x Hensoldt is priced outta sight.

However, Hensoldt also improved the 4-16x with locking turrets. Imagine the 4-16x with locking turrets and the reticle design used in the 3.5-26x, priced for civvies like us (~$3.5k street). What if a dealer asked Hensoldt about a building a number of such scopes --- would we buy them if they made them?

Last edited:
Alright, the new 3.5-26x Hensoldt is priced outta sight.

However, Hensoldt also improved the 4-16x with locking turrets. Imagine the 4-16x with locking turrets and the reticle design used in the 3.5-26x, priced for civvies like us (~$3.5k street). What if a dealer asked Hensoldt about a building a number of such scopes --- would we buy them if they made them?

Locking turrets? How about they get with the times and add a zero stop for their asking price.

Last edited:
The new version of the 4-16x may have a zero stop and locking turrets, we need to find out more through a dealer (Scott?). Unfortunately, not much is known about the new 4-16x.

There is a similarity between the 3.5-26x turrets and those on the new 4-16x, as shown in this video from SHOT 2012 (the 4-16x shows up near the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vOnAHqRI1s

Last edited:
I found a Cassidian brochure on their new optical sights. The redesigned Hensoldt 4-16x56mm has:

* 4-16x magnification (duh!).
* Elevation clicks: 145 (single turn, so 14.5 mils total).
* Overall length: 334mm.
* Locking turrets and zero stop.

http://www.cassidian.com/documents/...f;jsessionid=68FD8DD15FFB2E1C892AD8219A359938

I've not found a price or discussion of the availability of this scope, nor is there any mention of the reticle in the brochure.

Last edited:
Those turrets look almost identical to the turrets on my Zeiss 4-16x50 FL.
The FL also has a zero stop but only half the elevation per rev.

As far as I know, LT for 4-16 is option not std feature- at least it used to be. Upcharge is arm and both legs.

I found a Cassidian brochure on their new optical sights. The redesigned Hensoldt 4-16x56mm has:

* 4-16x magnification (duh!).
* Elevation clicks: 145 (single turn, so 14.5 mils total).
* Overall length: 334mm.
* Locking turrets and zero stop.

http://www.cassidian.com/documents/...f;jsessionid=68FD8DD15FFB2E1C892AD8219A359938

I've not found a price or discussion of the availability of this scope, nor is there any mention of the reticle in the brochure.

The 4-16x56 FF has 22.4 mils internal elevation travel. With a 30 MOA (9 mils) base and a 100 yard zero, you should have 18.7 mils (~64 MOA) of up elevation with the standard turret. With the single-turn locking turret you are limited to only 14.5 mils (~50 MOA) of up elevation.

With a 20 MOA (6 mils) base and 100 yard zero, you would have 15.7 mils (~54 MOA) of up elevation with the standard turret and 14.5 mils (~50 MOA) with the single-turn locking turret.

The max up elevation with a 100 yard zero would be 22.4 mils (~77 MOA) with a 43 MOA base, if one existed, with the standard turret version of the 4-16x56 FF