• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt at SHOT

Rooster721

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2014
I haven't seen mention whether Cassidian has a booth, nor read anything in regards to Hensoldt in any of the show reviews so far..

Would anyone know whether the new 4-16 with it's upgrades will be available in US or Canada? I see EuroOptic has the big Henny available to MIL/LE (so far/right now) but only see the original non-locking turret 4-16's still listed with it, none of the new ones. Same for Tactical Imports in Canada.. all still the old-styles*

Has anyone stopped by the booth (if there is one) and questioned anyone there on-this? I've got a 4-16 (old style) and wouldn't mind a second one for a Lapua I'm ho-humm'n about.. I have a tough time even picking up my NXS and other scopes since getting the Hensoldt last year. Very happy with mine. I'm leaning to the Tangent Theta if the Henny's are outta the question now, but sure would like one if I could get it.

Can anyone comment on those smaller upgraded Henny's (and their anticipated availability ? ...or lack-of ?) I'd appreciate it

Well, the deal is pretty simple. I spoke with Hensoldt today and all the rumors that they would not take responsability or that it will be impossible to take care of warranties is bullshit.
Alex at Eurooptic is gonna distribute them in the US and all warranty issues are taken care of by him.
The 3.5-27x56 is an utterly insane scope and it makes all other scopes on the market to feel like midgets in comparison to it. Period!

Good to hear there will be where to send them in the case of warranty issues, if there are any that come up* Have put mine through it's paces to a fair extent this past year and it's been spot on. Would like to think if something was going to show up, it would have by now.

Did you see the new versions of the 4-16's with zero stops and locking turrets displayed by chance? ...or hear whether "they" will be available for purchase in the forseeable future?

Last edited:
Yes of course I saw them but they have been available for several months now.
That scope is a beauty and it's soooo easy to work with. I personally, totally and utterly adore it. I mean, when a scope reaches that level of perfection there is very little left to wish.

Alex at Eurooptic is gonna distribute them in the US and all warranty issues are taken care of by him.

EuroOptic took care of my Hensoldt warranty issues last week, and I'll be getting all my Hensoldts from them exclusively.

Zeiss and Cassidian Optronics have yet to get their act together, as far as direct - to - consumer Hensoldt warranties are concerned (if there's such a thing anymore).

I know from first - hand experience with my ZF 3-12x56 SSG-P; if not for EuroOptic, I'd be in a major bind.

Zeiss and Cassidian Optronics were simply "inaccessible," for lack of a better term - still pointing fingers at each other.

Last edited:
I think Alex has balls enough to deal with that kind of stuff so you don't have to worry about it messing your night sleep.

Alex and Corbin get things done.

Hensoldt Service

Well, the deal is pretty simple. I spoke with Hensoldt today and all the rumors that they would not take responsability or that it will be impossible to take care of warranties is bullshit.
The 3.5-27x56 is an utterly insane scope and it makes all other scopes on the market to feel like midgets in comparison to it. Period!

That announcement was on 01/11/2014

Hensoldt Optical Products to Be Distributed by EuroOptic in the U.S. | Euro Optic Blog

I was glad to hear about it..........have been wondering what would happen if one of the Hennys needed work.